Job description / Role
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The driver will be responsible for providing an efficient, reliable, quality passenger transport service in accordance with safety legislation and company procedures. The driver will ensure the safety of passengers, vehicles, employees and other road users. The drivers may be subject to irregular work schedules, weather and outside environment extremes, long trips, short notice for assignment of a trip, tight delivery schedules, delays in route and other stresses and fatigues related to driving a commercial motor vehicle on crowded streets and highways in all kinds of weather.
• Provide safe and timely transportation of people from origin to destination
• Provide a professional representation of the company and the driving industry through responsible driving and appearance
• Drive the company vehicles in accordance with the legal requirements and company procedures
• Ensure that the company vehicles is driven with due care and attention, ensuring the safety, comfort and welfare of the passengers and general public
• Inspect vehicles for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips and submit a written report on the condition of the vehicle at the end of each trip or tour of duty
• Ensure that defensive driving is practiced throughout every journey, being aware of potential hazards and how to avoid them, complying with company procedures when parking or handing over vehicles
• Report any incident that involves injury, damage to any passenger, pedestrian or third-party property immediately, in line with company procedures
• Handle any emergency which may arise, including following procedures in the event of a vehicle fire
• Ensure that the company vehicle provided is presented in a clean and tidy manner
• Refueling vehicles as required
• Carry out duties safely in accordance with all company and legal requirements, and be fully conversant with the duty of employees under the Health & Safety legislation
• Promote the company generally and do everything possible to enhance the company’s image through appearance and behaviour, ensuring that they report for duty sober, in smart uniform and on time
QAR 3,500 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: plus company provided transportation
The chosen candidate will meet ALL the essential criteria below:
• Hold a current, clean and valid driving licence
• Experience of commercial driving and skilled in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather
• Ability to handle receipts, read maps, road signs and maintain record of duty status
• Must have working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems
• Competent to undertake daily and weekly vehicle checks and carry out basic maintenance
• Must be able to sit and remain alert while driving for a long period of time
• Geographical knowledge of Qatar
About the Company
Established in 1996, Rapid is the Middle East leader in powered access equipment rental & sale, and part of Europe's largest powered access rental company, Lavendon Group plc.
At Rapid, we offer wide range of MEWP's (Mobile Elevating Work Platforms), which offer a number of features making them particularly suitable for different types of applications.
- Steel Erection and construction
- Lighting and electromechanical maintenance
- Industrial and building maintenance
- Signage and Events
- Outside Broadcasting
- Telecommunications maintenance
- Facilities Management
- Airport, Ship and Highway Maintenance
As members of the team committed to providing strength on the ground and performance in the air we work with a simple business philosophy 'Your success is ours'.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies