Job description / Role
- Manage the Estimation & Invoicing Department in an effective manner and provide excellent services to customers.
- Lead in implementing strategies in line with company's guidelines for the purpose of generating high revenue and achieving optimum profit margin by applying cost effective pricing strategies and strict cost control in coordination with VP - Shipyard, Sales and Marketing Manager and Production Manager.
- Provide updates to the VP - Shipyard on the activities and progress of the projects along with any deviation from the budgeted plan.
- Highlight to the VP Shipyard continuous improvement opportunities in relation to budgeted vs actual man hours for each project and present suggestions and business strategies to implement improved delivery or manpower planning for future projects.
- Accommodate and analyse feedback from the Production Team on actual hours spent on the project and provide an overall budget vs actual analysis to the Shipyard Management team.
- Ensure the Commercial team prepare quotations as per client's specifications, conduct inspection on vessels at O&G sites as required prior to providing a quotation and coordinate the preparation of technical tender specifications with Business Development Team.
- Coordinate and review scope of work for every project/job requirement received from the Client and provide budgeted hours to production team and planning department.
- Ensure additional jobs or variation orders are raised by the Shipyard Production section during job execution.
- Coordinate with other departments for any issue related to all kinds of resource plan for cost estimation jobs.
- Manage all the requisitions for direct purchase and third party services and ensure they are accounted on the jobs.
- Coordinate the preparation of draft & final invoices with details pertaining to job costing summary - invoice value, cost incurred and profit marine and interact with clients for final approval/negotiations.
- Prepare monthly revenue report, status of enquiries and summary of billable / non billable hours for VP Shipyard's approval and Financial purpose.
- Provide recommendations on new subordinate hires and ensure the availability of all resources required to perform assigned tasks and activities.
- Supervise subordinate staff, assign work activities, monitor performance and review results.
- Act as a coach to subordinates, identify their training and career development needs, recommend training courses and follow-up on their personnel records such as timesheets, discipline, vacations, leaves and absenteeism.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the VP - Shipyard.
Education & Professional Qualification
- Mechanical diploma or Degree in Marine Engineering.
- 6-8 years' experience in shipyard and / or oil & gas preferably with proven experience in fabrication and shutdown projects from reputable international organizations.
- MENA or other countries in a similar business setting is preferred.
- MS Office, MS Project, Oracle Financial Application (preferable but not a must).
- Fluent in English - both written and spoken.
- Strong knowledge of estimation practices and techniques.
- Strong knowledge of general repair, outfitting and fabrication operations, O&G contracts, and services, mechanical and electrical engineering, hull coatings, steel repairs, manpower supply.
About the Company
Qatar Navigation (Milaha) Q.P.S.C. was established in July 1957, as the first public shareholding company registered in Qatar and holds commercial registration no. 1. The Company has since evolved, expanded and diversified into maritime transportation, gas, petroleum products, containers and bulk, offshore support services, port management, logistics services, shipyard, trading agencies, real estate, and asset management.
The legal entity, Qatar Navigation Q.P. S.C. (QNNS:QD), is publicly listed on the Qatar Exchange.