Job description / Role
• To deliver compelling marketing campaigns that drives footfall, as well as retailer sales and market share for the shopping mall as well as the office complex.
• Manages, motivates and develops the Marketing Team.
• Implements a Corporate responsibility, marketing plan and strategy that addresses the needs of the community in line with the corporate objectives.
• Develops and implements a mall grand opening plan and strategy.
• Creates a robust public relations programme that increases awareness of the Mall, enhances its image and promotes its marketing activities.
• Commissions, interprets and utilizes the market research in the development and evaluation of all marketing activities.
• Oversees marketing communications, including collateral produced to for retailers, consumers, local community stakeholders or commercial partners.
• Manages the marketing budget including the allocation of funds.
• Oversees marketing teams to ensure full compliance with management procedures.
• Manages external agencies to produce creative and compelling advertising, PR and promotional campaigns, using a combination of both traditional media and new technologies, which will drive footfall and repeat visits to the Mall.
• Manages the process of planning and implements a digital marketing strategy in line with the business and marketing objectives
• Ensures that all major agency accounts are reviewed each year and that the accounts are re-tendered in accordance with the tender procedures to ensure best practice and best use of marketing budgets.
• Develops (and places) a media buying strategy that targets the desired demographics.
• Liaises regularly with retailer’s partners (local store and head office level) and encourages participation for Mall events and promotions, as well as support for the delivery of the overall marketing strategy.
• Develops promotions and incentive schemes, such as the Gift Cards, by working in partnership with all the tenants to deliver strong results for the Mall and oversees customer services Gift Card targets and devise campaigns that will continue to increase Gift Card sales for the Mall.
• Deals with all media Inquiries, including crisis management situations.
• Communicates regularly with stores, through regular retailer forums and ensure retailers are fully aware of upcoming initiatives or opportunities to get involved of activities and are fully engaged with the available marketing support.
• Supports the Line Manager through the implementation of personal development plans that provides opportunities for exposure to new project opportunities, as well as the chance to develop budget and agency management skills.
• Supports the Line Manager in delivering the planned strategy and ensures timely and appropriate responses to customer communication received through all social and digital channels.
• Works with the Line Manager to assign key objectives from the job descriptions to the relevant members of the Marketing Team.
• Ensures compliance with Company’s Health & Safety Policy.
• Performs other tasks as assigned by the Line Manager
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
• Degree in in Marketing/ Business and other appropriate discipline.
• At least 5-7 years Marketing Management experience
• At least 3 years’ retail, consumer, leisure or hospitality industry experience.
• Commercial acumen.
• Good understanding of retail marketing in particular the drivers of shopping.
• Experience in Budget management
• Good interpersonal skills – team approach.
• Maintains high standards of conduct and professionalism
• Possess’ cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Exudes corporate business image at all times
• Demonstrate sound work ethics
• Ability to read and clearly understand architectural construction documents
• Ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work to deadlines and stay calm in a pressure environment.
• Trustworthy with confidential and sensitive company information
About the Company
Equinox was founded by Sheikh Hassan Bin Sultan Al Thani in 1993 who holds the position of the CEO until today, overseeing the company's strategic direction and development. Originally established with the primary focus of fulfilling opportunities in the burgeoning Qatar real estate market, the company's business streams have multiplied as diversification within the company's portfolio kept pace with the increasing opportunities in the region. Today Equinox has grown to include activities within real estate development and investment, retail, business to business (B2B) as well as local partnership and representation.
The real estate portfolio includes shopping malls, residential compounds, commercial and industrial developments. The retail section covers the major categories such as fashion, home interiors, beauty, accessories, jewellery and toys. B2B section includes contracting, project work and product distribution. As for the local partnership and representation section, it entails alignments with world leading logistics organisations. Spanning Asia, Europe, Scandinavia and America, Equinox portfolio of brands and business partners is truly global.
Business Development Manager
Marketing Communications Specialist (Professional Services)
Director of Marketing, Communication and Events - Education
Sales & Marketing Manager
Abdulla Bin Zayed Group