Job description / Role
- Assures proper installation, preventive maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment and piping systems to ensure their maximum service life and efficiency as well as their optimal utilization
- Assists maintenance and operating supervision in troubleshooting problems with critical and less critical machinery to be able to correct equipment issues, provides support in performing root cause analysis
- Performs corrective maintenance activities such as bearing change, opening of pumps for inspection or unclogging, change oil or grease, realignment of equipment,
- Provides alternatives when equipment failure is impeding plant operation
- Prepares permit to work documentation and follows the health and safety requirements such as safe isolation procedures (Lock Out / Tag Out)
- Understands drawings, schematics, P&IDs and supplier technical documentation for equipment
- Report in written (English) regarding the maintenance tasks performed, describing the activity properly and giving relevant data records
- Supervise the work of mechanical subcontractors if instructed to do so by the Supervisor
- Reviews equipment repair to detect required design changes in cases where abnormal/customized maintenance occurs
- Develops maintenance repair procedures for critical machinery
Reporting to: Lead Technician / Engineer
Education Qualifications: Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Nature and length of previous experience:
- 5-10 years’ experience as a Mechanical Technician in an industrial plant (Pref Water/Sewage treatment plant or Oil & Gas) + at least 3 years in a similar role in a Waste Water Treatment Plant.
- Tools & spare: Measuring tape, Vernier, Bearing, Mechanical seal,
- Activities: Oil changing, Greasing of equipment’s, Vibration, lifting equipment’s knowledge.
- Knowledge of equipment’s: Submersible pumps, blower, compressor with major parts.
- Trouble shooting skill: Major work what they did, pump vibration, reason for amps high in the pump. Oil color change, use of PRV& NRV.
- Safety culture: Basic PPE for site, Work at height & Toxic gas situations
Soft Skills and Personality traits:
- Positive attitude
- Presentation and communication
- Problem solving skills, an ability to stick to strict deadlines.
Current Location: Doha & North of Qatar
About the Company
SUEZ ranks among the world's leaders in water and waste management services. With over 82,000 employees and a presence on all five continents, SUEZ is a key player in the circular economy and the sustainable management of resources.
Through its Water businesses, SUEZ performs the design, construction, operation and financing of water treatment plants and systems. SUEZ also provides water treatment solutions for drinking water production, seawater desalination, sludge treatment, and wastewater purification and recycling.
Through its Recycling & Waste Recovery businesses, SUEZ manages waste for cities and industries, serving more than 466,000 industrial and commercial clients worldwide. SUEZ provides recovery solutions for all types of waste, at all stages of the waste cycle - from collection, sorting, dismantling, recycling and recovery, to specialized services at industrial sites, and marketing of recovered resources.
SUEZ supplies drinking water to 92 million people, delivers wastewater treatment services to 65 million, recovers 16 million tonnes of waste each year and produces 7 TWh of renewable energy.
SUEZ is headquartered in Paris, France, and generated total revenues of €15.3 billion in 2016.
|Abu Dhabi||31 May|
Durrah Advanced Development Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions
Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Civil / Mechanical / Electrical - Building Construction / QS Engineer