Job description / Role
- Main responsibilities will be reviewing tenders, quotations, raising RFI’s and have the ability to propose value engineering options if necessary.
- Must have worked for a major MEP contractor in the past and have significant tendering/estimating experience.
- Coordination and close liaison with in-house and external designers, procurement department and civil estimation team.
- Coordination and preparation of technical and commercial tender.
- Good knowledge of estimation process, tendering and interpretation of drawings, specifications, floating enquiries, evaluation of quotations and pre & post tender activities.
- Ability to analyze quotations commercial and technical, prepare detailed cost comparison and conduct meetings and negotiations with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Ability to lead a team under pressure with fixed deadlines, stress resistant, excellent presentation & communication skills.
- Mechanical or Electrical B.S.s and have worked in turnkey MEP contracting organizations with an annual turnover of at least 10M USD.
- Candidate must also have site experience as a PM or PD.
QAR 40,000 to 45,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
- Minimum 10-15 years’ experience in similar position, from which at least 5 years in Qatar.
- B.Sc. in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
- Good knowledge of local requirements and standards.
- Good knowledge in MS office, AutoCAD and preferable in any estimation software: Primavera skills are an advantage
- Fluent in English (To speak & write), Arabic is an advantage.
About the Company
Ignite Search & Selection is a leading Recruitment Agency in the Middle East. Ignite's team of specialist recruiters now works across a range of sectors including Legal, Digital/Technology, Retail/FMCG, Construction and Engineering.
We pride ourselves on given both clients and candidates expert market knowledge in our chosen sectors. We value getting a detailed understanding of our clients and candidates expectations to find the perfect fit for all parties.