Job description / Role
Network Engineer to design and implement systems that ensure the effective connectivity for the respective locations on the Local Area Networks (LANs), MPLS and Wide Area Networks (WANs) that service the business needs of client.
• Planning, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing network hardware/software of Cisco Products (Routers, switches, Firewall, access points & control, VoIP,etc).
• Maintains and ensures proper functionality and connectivity of the local area network including all components of the LAN: cabling, switches, network interface cards, etc.
• Perform daily management and maintenance of network equipment Identification and implementation of configuration changes to optimize response times, stability, reliability, security, capacity utilization, and availability of the infrastructure.
• Design, secure approval for, and give operational effect to systems and procedures that ensure the effective connectivity for the respective locations on the Local Area Networks (LANs) and Wide Area Networks (WANs) that service the business needs of the client.
• Monitor on-going operations and support of the Network Infrastructure for Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), Network Operating Systems, Internet services, MPLS, etc.
• Design and implement Internet connectivity solutions that ensure external interfaces provide integrity and security against unauthorised entry to internal systems.
• Assesses plans and designs the specifications and detailed requirements for new LAN/WAN systems or for upgrades of existing LAN/WAN systems and Network Infrastructure.
• Determines overall hardware, Network Operating systems and software requirements for systems and ensures necessary actions have been taken.
• Plans, establishes and maintains all necessary network operation and administration policies, procedures and standard that ensure the safety and security of network systems, services and all related equipment.
• Ensures all network systems documentation is always available and updated to include all modifications/upgrades etc.
• Reviews Vendor’s submitted documentation for completeness and accuracy.
• Review network performance continuously in order to identify opportunities for enhancements and upgrades that stretch and exploit the full potential of the client’s existing network technological capability.
• Analyse system logs and identifying potential issues with network environment.
• Monitor the continuing performance of the hardware modules to ensure optimum operating status and to troubleshoot problems.
• Support operations to ensure all decisions, contacts and agreements executed in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Develop (together with IT Operation Manager, IT Projector Manager and the IT Director a comprehensive controls compliance program
Education & Certification
• Undergraduate degree in, Computer science /Network Engineering or equivalent
• Network Engineer related professional certification Cisco, HP, CompTIA Network+ etc.
• 5-7 years work experience.
• Experience in managing, controlling, and monitoring computer networks
• Hands-on experience managing Cisco products including firewalls in a global environment.
• Experience supporting Cisco UCS/Nexus Environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language
• Strong analytical and network skills
• Experienced with Risk Assessment and Mitigation concepts and principles
• A committed team player with ability to adapt to time pressures
• Working knowledge of controls concepts and principles
About the Company
Orion Engineering was established in 1987 to supply Engineering personnel to the Oil and Gas Industry. Since then the company has grown significantly and presently has in excess of 4000+ personnel on secondment worldwide.
Our blue chip client list includes major oil companies such as Shell, BP, Chevron Texaco and Exxon Mobil and major engineering contractors and suppliers such as Technip, Wood Group. Talisman and Wormald Tyco.
The division has offices at various strategic locations throughout the world including London, Houston, Aberdeen, Lagos, Doha, Singapore and 5 offices throughout Kazakhstan.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Support Engineer - Urgent - Tax Free Salary
IT Help Desk Technician
Acciona Facility Services Middle East
Beaconhouse School System
|Al Ain||19 Mar|