Job description / Role
• Technical position with detailed knowledge of networking, particular to the construction industry.
• Provides networking support during design and implementation phases of customer projects, including network pre-sales quotes, estimation and design.
• Also provide post-sales support. In depth understanding of LAN/WAN systems and related issues, with special focus in at least one of the following areas CCTV, IT, AV or ELV.
• Under the supervision of Senior Network Engineer or Technical Manager, supports Project pre-sales Engineering design and implementation;
• Designs, installs, configures and tests active components of IP networks as directed;
• Understands and follows industry standards related to networking;
• Configures, analyzes and troubleshoots active IP networks according to specifications, including switches/routers, firewall, DMS, wireless or advanced IP Voice systems of various manufacturers;
• Addresses product related issues with manufacturer TAC/support staff;
• Recommend upgrades or system improvements on maintained system as required;
• Makes inquiries to multiple industry vendors and equipment providers;
• Maintains certifications and knowledge of technology developments in his area of expertise;
• Supports Implementation Team as Project Engineer as directed, providing basic engineering support and detailed knowledge in his area of expertise;
• Assists in the development of written procedures related to the position;
• Perform other tasks related as delegated by direct manager or superior.
• Bachelor degree from accredited university in Electronics and Communication Engineering or Computer Engineering or related field
• Minimum 2 - 3 years relevant experience in networking, with expertise in at least two or three of the following areas: Routing & Switching, WiFi, DMS, Security, Structured Cabling and Collaboration
• CCNP/CCIE certified or equivalent
• Experience in designing network systems
• Advance skills in IP backbone structure, including LAN/WAN, firewall and WIFI
About the Company
A leading technology solutions provider in Qatar.
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar
Network Systems Administrator
Viva HR Consultants
IT Support Engineer - Urgent - Tax Free Salary
Desktop & Network Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||10 May|
Information Technology (IT) Assistant
A Leading Insurance Broker In The Middle East