Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Nurse
DEPARTMENT: Oryx Engineering Services
JOB TYPE: Permanent
REPORTING TO: Officer - HSE/Operations Manager
To assume the responsibility under minimal supervision for accidents and medical guidance needed in the engineering workshop.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Attends to medical concerns of employees
• Record details of minor accidents and injuries, maintains accurate, detailed reports and records
• Follows up all accidents and injuries
• Prepare sterile instruments, equipment and supplies, and ensure that stock of supplies is maintained
• Provide health care, first aid, and medical assistance for all employees based in the workshop
• Provide training to employees about health and wellness
• Helps to create a healthy environment
• Schedules new employees for medical assessments
• Responsible to check employees medical results from their home country
• Monitoring employees health and following up on health concerns and issues
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Must have a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 4 year’s experience in a similar environment, must have a license to practice Nursing from their home country.
• Must be able to think quickly to assist in employees medical needs, have strong problem - solving and decision – making skills, must be sympathetic, caring and flexible, good reading and writing skills.
Excellent English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work, hours and location. Must be able to work and perform under own initiative and have a full working knowledge of procedures. Attentive to detail, must demonstrate proven ability, knowledge and experience to interact readily across different departments within a multi cultural and multi functional environment. Good attention to detail and should have working knowledge of Nursing standards.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable duties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the company.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.