Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Officer - Administration
DEPARTMENT: Oryx Engineering Services
JOB TYPE: Permanent
REPORTING TO: Operations Manager
To assume the responsibility under minimal supervision to manage day to day financial, accounting, administrative and personnel services to meet legislative requirements and support municipal operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage filing, storage and security of documents
• Managing office operations
• Work with municipal policies and procedures in compliance with legislation
• Perform other duties as required
• Manage administrative function and establish internal administrative systems and controls
• Manage and coordinate drivers on a daily basis
• Respond to enquires
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Must have working knowledge of legislation and municipal policies and procedures.
• Must have 5 years experience in a similar role. Should demonstrate strong problem-solving and decision – making skills, be able to think quickly and act accordingly, following procedures and process regarding certain situations.
Excellent English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work, hours and location. Must be able to work and perform under own initiative and have a full working knowledge of procedures. Attentive to detail, must demonstrate proven ability, knowledge and experience to interact readily across different departments within a multi cultural and multi functional environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable duties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the company.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.