Job description / Role
Job Description – Officer Transaction Services
Job Purpose Summary:
The incumbent will be responsible for timely and accurate processing of outward and inward remittance requests including salary transfers, process clearing and collections activities(inward/outward) and post-dated cheques (PDCs) for the Group’s retail, corporate and governmental entities/clientele.
In doing so, the incumbent will adhere to the approved policy/ procedures and related processes in place for processing the same.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities by Dimensions:
Shareholder & Financial:
- Perform daily balancing of the related suspense/ transit accounts used for processing outward/ inward remittance requests and notifying the Supervisor Remittance of long outstanding transactions that have not yet been cleared for initiation of timely follow-up in this regard, and thereby help avoid any losses to the Group on account of such transactions.
Customer (Internal & External):
- Provide adequate and efficient remittance processing, bulk processing services (i.e. clearing/collection, salary transfers, post-dated cheques (PDCs) to internal customers in domestic branches and thereby help them serve external customers including retail/corporate and government customers in a more efficient manner, resulting in increased external customer satisfaction levels.
Internal (Processes, Products, Regulatory):
- Adhere to the established processes and controls (automated/ manual) to prevent/ detect the transfer of funds to/ from potentially suspect countries, banks, individuals, entities to ensure compliance with applicable anti-money laundering (AML) rules/ regulations.
- Adhere to the existing and approved policies/ procedures pertaining to processing of outward/ inward remittances and applicable QCB regulations in this regard.
- Ensure any suspicious transactions identified are timely informed to and discussed with the Supervisor Corporate/ his superior for resolution and if required, reported to the Head of AML (reporting to Group Compliance).
- Constantly strive to reduce/minimize all kinds of errors while processing requests pertaining to the department.
- Ensure all requests received during the day are completely, accurately and timely processed within the prescribed TAT and that any pending items are identified and promptly attended to on the following day.
- Maintain proper and adequate records/documents with respect to all processes pertaining to the department and to ensure the same is in line with the policy/ procedures and pertinent regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that duly authorized mandates are received from the corporate/ government clients pertaining to salary transfer requests, along with the respective employee-related information, prior to processing such transactions.
- Ensure efficient, complete and accurate transaction processing, operability of related systems and adherence to established/approved procedures.
- With regards to swift transfers, liaise with the help desk function for resolving SWIFT/tested telex related issues.
Learning & Knowledge:
- Possess knowledge of developments in fund transfer and SWIFT operations, including but not limited to best practices, pertinent legal requirements and system advancements.
- Possess knowledge of developments in bulk processing systems/ operations and collection rules/ regulations
- Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information including information pertaining to fund transfers.
- University graduate.
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in the above related operations or related experience in banking operations.
Required Special Skills:
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Computer literacy and knowledge in MS Office and banking applications.
- Knowledge of the remittance/collection rules/regulations, including pertinent regulatory directives (including AML rules/ regulations) and related best practices.
- Good knowledge of SWIFT related operations, including usage of SWIFT terminals, related codes and operation of tested telex.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities effectively in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Detail oriented with good analytical skills
- Professional attitude and demeanour.
- Effective team player and efficient worker.
Operating Environment/ Location:
- Located in Qatar.
Framework and Boundaries:
- Group’s overall strategic plan.
- Budgetary targets.
- Applicable policies and procedures.
- Relevant regulatory pronouncements of applicable local and/ or international regulators (including AML regulations) and related best practices.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Concerned personnel from Retail Banking, Islamic Banking, Corporate Banking and other related departments.
- Centralized held desk function to resolve system related issues.
- Daily interaction with the Supervisor.
- Solid Line Reporting : N/A
- Dotted Line Reporting : N/A
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) / Bluefin Talent have partnered so to offer a specialized recruitment solution within the Consulting and Financial services domains.
Working together as a specialist search and selection agency, we concentrate on blue chip financial services and strategy / technology consulting organizations across Europe and the Middle East; focusing exclusively on Financial Services, IT and Risk. Being niche allows us to offer a premium search service, tailored to overcome the technically challenging nature of recruitment for the specialist functions that we work.
We are dedicated to representing best of breed candidates in the region in our dedicated fields of employment. As such we are a leading outfit for placing ex-pats and internationally educated students in the region.
Our biggest unique selling point, is that we are steered by a dedicated team of ex-financial services and industry professionals. This allows us to offer a level of candidate pre-screening for roles, which is largely anomalous to the recruitment profession. Our ability to bridge the technical knowledge gap typical recruiters encounter, coupled with a thorough delivery process allows us to drive consistently superior results for our clients sourcing requirements. Designed to provide a fast and efficient turnaround, we minimize the use of internal resources our clients spend vetting inadequate profiles, allowing them to quickly get back to focusing on their strategic goals.
Our strength lies not only in the specialist nature of our firm, but also in the commitment we show towards our clients and candidates. We endeavour to build long-term relationships and recognise the crucial nature of communication throughout the recruitment process. Excellence, integrity, respect and transparency are cornerstone to the culture we promote.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies