Job description / Role
• Able to manage and develop large teams of managers, chefs and support staff to a high standard
• Able to relate to people in a pleasant and cooperative manner
• Works as part of a team supporting and assisting team members where possible
• Contributes to the team by performing to a high standard in all tasks
• Reviews, praises and motivates managers and head chefs to achieve more through a – “Lead by example attitude”
• Conducts performance reviews of all key personal, rewards, promotes and disciplines accordingly within company policy
• Terminates poor performing employees in consultation with HR and build a high performing team
• Defines department recruitment needs and assists in the recruitment of key positions with HR
• Communicates effectively, honestly and with integrity to all HDC employees
• Develops individuals to their potential with training coaching and assessments
• Conducts manager – business reviews to ensure all elements of the business are being controlled and managed effectively – these reviews are documented and readily available to the Operations Manager and above
• Coordinates with other departments to ensure operations are running effectively and the office teams are supporting to ensure units achieve no barriers when operating
• Communicates effectively with general manager making recommendations and business proposals without being prompted.
• Maintains a high level of personal hygiene – according to prescribed standards from HDC operations
• Ensures all BOH employees wash hands frequently to minimize cross contamination risks and food quality
• Adheres to all policies and procedures as prescribed by HDC operations and promotes 100% compliance Accountability
• Reviews sales daily and reacts to the business needs to maximize sales potential
• Develops and implements training initiatives to further the brands whilst progressing the career of individuals at all levels.
• To Manage suppliers to ensure they give us the best price and the best quality available in the market
• Never to compromise on product quality
• Maintains a posture of “Brand Ambassador” and always relates positive information to guests, partners and visitors, related to the company.
• Adheres to all company policies, standards and procedures
• Actively manages the inventory system within the restaurants – ensuring all recipes are correct and followed
• Manages portion controls by coaching & developing chefs to produce correct dish sizes.
• Monitors Inventory Variances
• Continuously review the operations policies and procedures and submit amendment for approval.
• Bachelor Degree in Business, Hospitality or relevant field is a must
• Minimum of 7 years relevant experience in managerial role within hospitality industry (multi unit/stand alone restaurants)
• Strong F&B technical, analytical & financial skills;
• Strong interpersonal, business communication and computer skills (Advanced Excel, Word & PowerPoint).
• Well-travelled and exposed to the latest F&B tends and concepts;
• Knowledge of computers enough to fulfill management functions.
• Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security
• Self-Starter, team player and highly positive and energetic individual.
• Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Ability to identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; using effective approaches.
About the Company
A fully owned subsidiary of United Development Company (UDC), Hospitality Development Company (HDC) owns and operates a multi brand F&B portfolio consisting of quick service standalone restaurants, coffee shops and high end fine dining establishments in the city of Doha, a mix or franchise and home grown concepts. The Middle East has unique challenges and this is by no means a working holiday assignment, it will require hard work, patience and dedication from business savvy individuals.
Qatar is a beautiful peninsula some 300 miles away from Dubai and with its abundant oil and gas reserves and booming economy, it is has become a fast paced business and lifestyle metropolis, filled with innovative F&B concepts and well-established international hospitality brands. The land is steeped in culture and is a welcoming multinational hub, as it eagerly prepares to host the world’s largest football tournament in 2022.
Mall Operations Manager
A Leading Real Estate Company In Qatar
Operations Manager - Food Business
Senior Manager Government Accounts
Regional Operations Manager - Hospitality
Big Fish Recruitment