Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Operator - Electrical Motor Tester
DEPARTMENT: Electrical Workshop
JOB TYPE: Permanent / Fulltime / Contract
REPORTING TO: Electrical Supervisor
- To assume the responsibility to carry out all testing activities for LV and MV electric motors and components.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect and check documentation and verify job number matches the allocated motor for testing and transfer the motor to the test area operating forklifts, overhead cranes and other relevant material handling equipment.
- Carry out the full range of pass/fail inspection tests on all motors and components and Fit and secure motors requiring further testing to the test bed and connect all test leads to the terminal box.
- Ensure no unauthorised personnel or access and connect and initiate hydraulic lubricating system and power up motors and carry out the full sequence of tests for current, voltage, speed, temperatures and vibrations.
- Inspect and test all associated electrical motor accessories such as cooling fans, space heaters, temperature, bearing and vibration sensors and complete the full ISO/OEM test protocols.
- Electromagnetic Core Imperfection Detection (EL CID) test to identify shorted core iron laminations
- Record all test results and cross reference with the relevant OEM specifications and tolerances and produce a full performance analysis report and communicate all findings to the electrical supervisor.
- Re inspect and test all refurbished or repaired motors in line with the appropriate recommended ISO/OEM test program and sequences.
- Maintain the test room, test benches and the test equipment including all the various test meters, test leads and test clamps including calibration and other duties such as filter replacement on the DC variable drives.
- Ensure that all related paperwork, checklists and reports are accurately completed and submitted and comply with all company QHSE, equipment, tooling and housekeeping policies, practices and procedures.
- Contribute to the team ethic and perform other reasonable duties as required in support of the business and maybe required to work off site in support of business activities.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Time served in a mechanical/electrical engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years experience in an internationally recognised electric motor service/repair company with a full working knowledge of inspecting and testing electrical motors and components and certified to operate overhead cranes and forklifts.
- English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work, hours and location.
- Must be able to work and perform under own initiative and have a full working knowledge of electrical workshop procedures and activities.
- Attentive to detail and have a full understanding of ISO/OEM test standards, processes and procedures and be able to read and understand process/procedure documents and technical drawings.
- Must be familiar in the use of an extensive range of hand tools, precision measuring and testing equipment. Demonstrate proven ability, knowledge and experience to interact readily across different departments within a multi cultural and multi functional environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable d uties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.
Supervisor - Electrical
Oryx Engineering Solutions
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||24 Mar|
Electrical / Instrument Unit Supervisor
Yanbu Aramco Sinopec Refining Company (YASREF)
Electrical Plant Maintenance Technician – Concrete Plant
A Leading Contracting Group In The UAE.