Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Operator - VPI and Curing Oven
DEPARTMENT : Electrical Workshop
JOB TYPE: Permanent / Fulltime / Contract
REPORTING TO: Electrical Supervisor
- To assume the responsibility to carry out all the activities associated with VPI impregnation of electrical motors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect and check documentation and verify job number matches the allocated component and transfer to the designated work area operating forklifts, overhead cranes and other handling equipment.
- Prepare component for VPI impregnation by applying protective coatings to all areas such as machined faces, threaded holes and studs to prevent being coated or plugged with the insulating resin.
- Prepare all lead wires, cables and connections to prevent submersion in the resin during the process and place stator into VPI tank in the correct horizontal/vertical position and use inserts or fillers as appropriate.
- Seal VPI tank and fill to the appropriate level and cross reference with the relevant OEM specifications and guidelines to select and activate the appropriate approved VPI program and pressure levels.
- Remove on completion of the VPI cycle and remove all protective coatings from the machined surfaces, tap out the threaded holes and run a dye down all studs and remove excess resin from the stator core.
- Transfer and place stator into the curing oven and cross reference with the relevant OEM specifications and guidelines to select and activate the appropriate approved curing program and temperature levels.
- Remove on completion of the VPI cycle and carry out final clean up of the stator by again tapping out the threaded holes and run a dye down all studs and remove excess resin from the stator core.
- Polish all machined surfaces using appropriate hand tools and materials such as scotch bright and flap discs.
- Ensure that all related paperwork, checklists and reports are accurately completed and submitted and comply with all company QHSE policies, practices and procedures.
- Contribute to the team ethic and perform other reasonable duties as required in support of the business and maybe required to work off site in support of business activities.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Time served in a mechanical/electrical engineering discipline with have a minimum of 5 years experience in an internationally recognised electric motor service/repair company with a full working knowledge of dipping and vacuum impregnation of electrical windings and curing procedures and certified to operate overhead cranes and forklifts.
- English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work, hours and location.
- Must be able to work and perform under own initiative and have a full working knowledge of electrical workshop procedures and activities.
- Attentive to detail and have a full understanding of ISO standards and the ability to read and understand process/procedure documents and technical drawings.
- Must be familiar in the handling of chemicals and in the use of compressed air/resin VPI tanks and electrically charged curing ovens with after burner or a similar systems and use of an extensive range of hand tools, precision measuring and testing equipment.
- Demonstrate proven ability, knowledge and experience to interact readily across different departments within a multi cultural and multi functional environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable duties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the company.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.