Job description / Role
The OWS Chief / Shop Inspector will demonstrate accountability for the shops quality processes, functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role, you will integrate and work various quality and technical processes that meet business needs across the organization, managing complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
In addition you will:
• Reports to and serves as primary back-up to shops Quality Manager
• Oversight of shop / field engine maintenance activity to ensure compliance with Quality Manual requirements, Engine Manual / AMM inspection criteria and requirements of local regulatory authorities
• Independent audits / inspection of engines undergoing maintenance in the shop, including final hands-on inspection for shop engines prior to shipment
• Work closely with Quality, Planners and Business Leaders to ensure execution of training programs are accomplished for existing and / or new work-scopes to build-out capacity within the site
• Monitors shops quality processes to ensure adherence to quality requirements set forth in the repair station manual, and GE Quality Systems
• Assists Quality Manager in conducting training from a quality perspective; completion of work package documentation, work scope reviews etc.
• Assists Quality Manager in completion of internal / work station audits and implementation of effective corrective actions as a result of those audits
• May, on occasion, accompany a team on a field job for purpose of performing field audits, and compliance to work-scope requirements
• High School Diploma / GED
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Inspector or mechanic / Certifying Staff functions in aviation (including experience on GE engine models w / focus on complex work-scopes)
• Airframe and Powerplant License (or Equivalent)
• Prior experience with Line maintenance, engine changes, module removal & installation, or LRU removals and installations
• Established as an auditor with GE Aviation Supply Chain Quality
• Demonstrated Quality, compliance and customer satisfaction skills
• Detail oriented with strong attention to detail and can work independently to achieve OWS Quality goals• Knowledge of the operation's cost system
• Ability to counsel and motivate workforce
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, GE Web applications, and general technical data, including ESM, AMM, SB’s
• Familiar with GE Quality Systems, and local regulatory certification requirements (FAA, EASA, GCAA, etc.)
• Familiarity with RCCA processes and involvement in prior Quality Events and / or Escapes investigations
• Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills in working and communicating effectively with all levels in the organization
• Strong English oral and written communication skills
• Previous experience with working in and or with a "teaming" environment
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today! GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.