Job description / Role
- Organizes and supervises pastry preparations in line with the occupancy and consumption forecasts
- To make great pastries and desserts, with reference to the most creative and original work being done around the world today.
- Prepare special showpieces productions for special occasions such as weddings, birthdays and anniversaries.
- Has an innovative and creative approach to producing and decorating dishes
- Keeps cooking instructions up-to-date
- Oversees the whole work shift: ensures respect of the maximum waiting times defined by the brand, checks the presentation and temperature of dishes, etc.
- Coordinates with restaurant serving staff in order to ensure that service runs smoothly
- Ensures that all information is duly passed on to the applicable departments
- In conjunction with the Points of Sale Managers, coordinates the pastry, kitchen, restaurants and "Seminars and meetings" services
- Supervises the pastry staff and stewarding service
- Attends the weekly kitchen meetings
- Keeps up-to-date with changes in culinary trends
- Is actively involved in the local area to keep up-to-date with specific issues and needs
- Assures hotel management cover early mornings, evenings, weekends and on bank holidays
- Attends meetings for Heads of Department
- Passes on the management team's decisions
Level of Education
- Vocational education
Areas of study
- Food and beverage
- 6 to 10 years
Essential and optional requirements
Pullman: a new service attitude centred on proximity, sociability and sharing experience.
- Ensure all staff embody the same mindset by developing each individual's sense of curiosity, open-mindedness, interpersonal skills and sense of initiative.
- Vocational certificate or diploma in professional cuisine
- 8 to 10 years of experience
- Acknowledged managerial skills
- Perfect knowledge of HACCP guidelines
- Computer literate in the Windows environment
- Languages: fluent in the national language and English, knowledge of French recommended
- Excellent presentation
- Excellent administrative skills
- Thorough and organised approach
- Ability to train others and pass on knowledge
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Responsive and proactive
- Power Point
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.