Job description / Role
We are looking for a licensed Pediatrician to examine and treat little patients and help in preventing diseases and illness complications. The work of a physician can be both difficult and demanding, and even more so when it comes to children. A pediatrician will have to conduct examinations by earning the trust and cooperation of the child.The ideal candidate will possess thorough knowledge of children’s diseases and epidemiology as well as the established examination procedures for infants. A pediatrician must be patient and caring and able to foster long term trust relationships with the children and their parents.
• Conduct regular thorough examinations on newborns and young children to check and record their health and normal physical development.
• Examine sick children to determine their condition and ask intuitive questions to gather information about symptoms.
• Reach an informed diagnosis based on scientific knowledge and individual medical history.
• Prescribe medications and give detailed instructions for administration.
• Prescribe and interpret appropriate lab tests to gain more information for possible infections or abnormalities.
• Prepare and administer vaccines according to the governmental vaccination plan.
• Examine and treat injuries and refer the little patients to physicians of other disciplines when necessary (e.g. surgeons, ophthalmologists, orthopedists etc.).
• Advise parents on children’s diet, exercise and disease preventive measures.
• Keep updated records of patients’ illnesses, surgeries or other medical episodes (allergic shocks, injuries etc.).
• Keep abreast of advancements in pediatrics and best practices by attending seminars and conferences.
• Resident in Qatar with NOC.
• At least 8 years experience as a pediatrician.
• Excellent verbal and written communication in English & Arabic language.
• In depth knowledge of children epidemiology and infectious diseases.
• Exquisite knowledge of diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation principles and techniques.
• Up to speed knowledge of drugs/medication appropriate for children and their side-effects.
• Familiarity with traditional and web-based prescription systems.
• Active listener, patient and calm.
• Outstanding diagnostic and problem solving abilities.
• Excellent communications skills
• Medical Degree with specialization in pediatrics.
• Valid license to practice medicine.
About the Company
We are a Multidisciplinary HR Consultancy firm based in Qatar, with channel partners from all over the world.
MAYKS HR Consulting has the expertise to enable you to get a high return on your company’s most valuable investment. Our headhunting processes are state-of-the-art, utilizing the best technology to perform all headhunting tasks. Our 13 years’ experience in Qatar in assessing and selecting tools, gives us the ability to serve our clients more effectively and efficiently than anyone in the industry.We consistently provide high-quality headhunted candidates from the local and international markets. MAYKS revolves around being proactive and responsive, giving us the flexibility to accommodate your needs and ensure your success. Our experts will work with you in the headhunting process to ensure that your projects are never in delay.