Job description / Role
The Personal trainer is responsible for the planning, execution and delivery of the fitness and wellness programs with the hotel. They ensure exceptional service delivery through group and personal training sessions and support guests reach their goals. They also ensure upkeep and maintenance of the gym, studio, and related guest facilities.
- Adhere to the Spa Policy & Standard Operating Procedures manual.
- Act as an Ambassador for the fitness representing the brand values and establishing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Knowledgeable about all aspects of spa, fitness and the facility.
- Perform personal or group trainings in a safe, and professional manner.
- Report for appointments on time.
- Support in planning and delivery of monthly schedule for group classes and workshops.
- Always maintain a courteous, friendly and professional demeanour with guests / members.
- Whenever possible assist in operations by supporting the other areas related to spa, fitness and recreation.
- Follow up with guests on scheduled appointments for personal training or group training.
- Lead fitness exercise sessions, personal training sessions, group training experiences, and in-service education sessions.
- Safeguard all clients, guests, members, colleagues and team members throughout each experience.
- Maintain current professional certification while consistently pursuing to updated knowledge and expertise regarding fitness-wellness.
- Maintain the confidentiality policy for all spa guests and staff.
- All duties are to be carried out in a gracious and professional manner.
Administrative and Financial Responsibilities
- Maintain scheduling and timely written reports of all incidents, work orders, safety, and first aid occurrences.
- Administer health history, questionnaires, fitness-wellness evaluations as per the established standards.
- Maintain accurate and current records tracking all clients, classes taught, coaching sessions and other professional services provided.
- Responsible for your monthly membership or personal training targets and / or daily contribution.
- Log and communicate any broken equipment to engineering or spa reception.
- Log any guest incidents if applicable.
- Assist with linen inventory.
Guest Quality and Operational Excellence
- Recognise arrivals of all VIP guests arriving in the spa/fitness facility and the hotel.
- Ensure the facility is in peak condition and clean at all times.
- Responsible for driving the guest experience and communication amongst the colleagues orchestrating a smooth guest sequence delivery.
- Ensure guest / member preferences and special requests are accommodated to the best of the property's abilities.
- Ensure the facility is receiving the highest ratings from the guest satisfaction surveys.
- Deal with any guest complaints, comments or concerns with discretion and urgency.
- Maintain the provision of amenities and towels, this includes stocking fresh ones and collecting used ones and delivering them to the needful delivery points.
- Ensure lighting and music levels are correctly set and maintained.
- Knowledgeable of the reservation systems, POS system, operation & control system and details of all the fitness equipment.
- Maintenance and upkeep of all guest contact areas and heart of house.
- Remove any dishes left by the guests and clean them.
- Retrieve and deliver linen daily to the main laundry and count to ensure no linen is missing.
- Roll and stock towels in guest areas as per the standard.
- Ensure all lockers are stocked to standard with appropriate supplies.
Education and Experience
- A personal trainer certification through a nationally recognised agency / organisation (NSCA, ACSM, ACE, AFAA or ISSA).
- Minimum Pilates / yoga license / certifications as required.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in fitness-wellness fields.
- Experience in instructing and leading exercise in an adult fitness setting, using proper form and spotting techniques.
- Experience in administering PAR-Q, health risk and history, fitness assessments, and client consultation.
- Multi-talented individual with experience in group class instruction of movement arts, Pilates, mat sciences, cardio-boxing, flexibility, agility, Tai Chi, meditation, nutrition, lifestyle coaching, are an asset.
- Interest and ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds.
- Willing and able to work a variety of shifts, days, times as needed.
- Interest and experience in a lifestyle wellness philosophy that incorporates the holistic approach towards movement, nutrition and rest.
- Maintain current professional certification while consistently pursuing updated knowledge and expertise regarding fitness-wellness.
Talent and Culture / Team Communications
- Participate in daily / monthly communication meetings.
- Support the rest of colleagues when requested.
- Understand and adhere to the Accor Code of Ethics.
- Attend product or education classes related to this position.
- Ensure the fitness staff maintains a positive relationship internally and with external departments in the hotel.
- Take part in the annual training plan, staff training and provide staff mentoring when required.
Health, Hygiene and Safety
- Follow and ensure that colleagues follow all safety procedures and protocols of the property.
- Ensure guest / member satisfaction at all times by assuring safety and service is always the first priority.
- Report to engineering any equipment which may require repair.
- Report any potential hazards or emergencies so they can be rectified immediately.
- Assist in the development and compliance of all departmental emergency procedures.
- Ensure all potential and actual hazards are reported as well as rectified immediately.
- Assure safety of the persons and the property of all within the premises by fairly applying hotel regulations and strictly following existing laws.
- Handle emergency situations with urgency and discretion.
- Maintain peak conditioning of the facility at all times through cleanliness and hygiene.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.