Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Planner / Scheduler
JOB TYPE: Permanent / Fulltime / Contract
REPORTING TO: Operations Manager
- To assume the responsibility under minimal supervision to provide detailed multi level work breakdown structures (WBS) work plans from a scope of work (SOW) that optimises the use of resources in line with operational priorities in the most professional and cost effective manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review the scope of work (SOW) to determine the breakdown of resources and tasks required to perform and complete the work activity.
- Provide detailed sequenced multi level (WBS) work plans and ensure all necessary materials and resources are available.
- Details to include skill / labour / man hours /materials / tooling / speciality contractors and transportation.
- Coordinate all work plans to ensure they are compliant with all QHSE policies, practices and procedures.
- Ensure that all work plans are completed on time and ready for work to be scheduled.
- Identify and coordinate the procurement of all materials and external resources required to execute the work plan.
- Organise and facilitate daily / weekly scheduling meetings with line managers and coordinate with clients.
- Liaise and review plans with line managers to assure cost effective and expeditious completion of all work.
- Assures proper closure of work orders and documentation and initiates follow up work orders.
- Setting performance standards / norms and capturing work history and critical path analysis.
- Prepares performance reports that quantifies statistical trends and provide analysis of data.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of practices/ procedures / productivity and QHSE.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Time served in a mechanical / engineering discipline ideally a Graduate .
- A minimum 10 years work experience of which 5 years progressive experience of planning / scheduling within a dynamic fast moving internationally recognised service/repair/maintenance/shutdown engineering environment. Must be proficient in commonly used planning software tools and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work, hours and location.
- Must be able to work and perform under own initiative and have a full working knowledge of engineering procedures and activities.
- Attentive to detail and have a full understanding of work breakdown structures, critical path analysis and task sequencing techniques to put together sequenced work plans and estimates. Knowledge and experience to interact and facilitate readily across different departments within a multi cultural and multi functional engineering environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable d uties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the company.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.