Job description / Role
• Develop & maintain robust planning & project control systems.
• Manage the work progress measurement system and reporting.
• Project budget set-up and cost control.
• Baseline management, resource loading and analysis, progress update and cash flow integration based on earned value methods.
• Establish and define any job-oriented project control procedures and identify the level of resources required to operate them.
• Develop a suitable Work Breakdown Structure for the projects.
• Establish and agree the level and frequency of reporting required by the project.
• Establish and communicate cost and schedule baselines and ensure control mechanisms are in place to monitor performance.
• Review overall project status with the Project Management team and recommend corrective action where necessary.
• Ensure that all cost, planning and document control reports are prepared and issued in accordance with Project Coordination Procedures.
• Liaise with all other Departments at all meetings relevant to project operations and ensure time and cost plans are updated to reflect latest information.
• Manage correspondences with clients or consultants for any tender, prequalification, extension of time, clarifications & other such.
• Ensure compliance of materials & services with tender specifications.
• Prepare & administer lump sum, remeasurable & cost-plus contracts in line with Qatar Construction Specifications (QCS) and FIDIC, as may be applicable.
• Evaluate suppliers’ & subcontractors’ performance and maintain an active list of reliable suppliers & subcontractors.
• Review & approve interim payment requests based on project progress and maintain follow-up with clients & consultants for timely release of the same.
• Implement cost control measures to ensure project is executed within budgets and maximize profits for the company.
• Handle variation orders & claims management as & when required.
• Manage negotiations & arbitrations on behalf of the company wherever required.
• Secure the company legally from any contractual issues from clients, consultants, subcontractors as well as other statutory laws.
• Should hold a degree in Civil Engineering. UPDA/MMUP classification (grade C or above) is highly preferred.
• Should have 15 to 20 years’ experience, with at least 10 years in similar roles in construction companies, preferably involved in high-end luxury design & build projects.
• Professional memberships and relevant trainings or certifications would be an added advantage.
• Should have excellent planning, organizing, communication & presentation skills.
• Should possess a very strong personality and be adept at decision making, problem solving and negotiation & arbitration.
• Should be conversant with planning & contract management softwares & technology.
• Should be extremely well-versed with Qatar Construction Specifications, General Conditions of Contract, FIDIC and Construction Law
• Should be able to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines
About the Company
Shelter Group is a leading general contracting construction and engineering support services business operating as a "one-stop" house.
For over 40 years, Shelter has executed hundreds of projects in the Middle East and Gulf regions. Across a wide variety of sectors, engineers, designers, builders, planners, project and facilities managers work hand in hand to exceed our clients' expectations.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Project Controls Manager
Subcontracts Manager - Mixed Use
Contracts Manager - Consultancy
Contracts Manager - Construction