Job description / Role
• Develop & maintain robust planning & project control systems.
• Manage the work progress measurement system and reporting.
• Project budget set-up and cost control.
• Baseline management, resource loading and analysis, progress update and cash flow integration based on earned value methods.
• Establish and define any job-oriented project control procedures and identify the level of resources required to operate them.
• Develop a suitable Work Breakdown Structure for the projects.
• Establish and agree the level and frequency of reporting required by the project.
• Establish and communicate cost and schedule baselines and ensure control mechanisms are in place to monitor performance.
• Review overall project status with the Project Management team and recommend corrective action where necessary.
• Ensure that all cost, planning and document control reports are prepared and issued in accordance with Project Coordination Procedures.
• Liaise with all other Departments at all meetings relevant to project operations and ensure time and cost plans are updated to reflect latest information.
• Manage correspondences with clients or consultants for any tender, prequalification, extension of time, clarifications & other such.
• Ensure compliance of materials & services with tender specifications.
• Prepare & administer lump sum, remeasurable & cost-plus contracts in line with Qatar Construction Specifications (QCS) and FIDIC, as may be applicable.
• Evaluate suppliers’ & subcontractors’ performance and maintain an active list of reliable suppliers & subcontractors.
• Review & approve interim payment requests based on project progress and maintain follow-up with clients & consultants for timely release of the same.
• Implement cost control measures to ensure project is executed within budgets and maximize profits for the company.
• Handle variation orders & claims management as & when required.
• Manage negotiations & arbitrations on behalf of the company wherever required.
• Secure the company legally from any contractual issues from clients, consultants, subcontractors as well as other statutory laws.
• Should hold a degree in Civil Engineering. UPDA/MMUP classification (grade C or above) is highly preferred.
• Should have 15 to 20 years’ experience, with at least 10 years in similar roles in construction companies, preferably involved in high-end luxury design & build projects.
• Professional memberships and relevant trainings or certifications would be an added advantage.
• Should have excellent planning, organizing, communication & presentation skills.
• Should possess a very strong personality and be adept at decision making, problem solving and negotiation & arbitration.
• Should be conversant with planning & contract management softwares & technology.
• Should be extremely well-versed with Qatar Construction Specifications, General Conditions of Contract, FIDIC and Construction Law
• Should be able to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines
About the Company
Shelter Group is a leading general contracting construction and engineering support services business operating as a "one-stop" house.
For over 40 years, Shelter has executed hundreds of projects in the Middle East and Gulf regions. Across a wide variety of sectors, engineers, designers, builders, planners, project and facilities managers work hand in hand to exceed our clients' expectations.
Contracts Manager - Buildings
Senior Planning Engineer - Main Contractor
Ignite Search & Selection
Claims / Contracts Manager - Main Contractor
Project Controls / Planning Manager - Airport