Job description / Role
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The Planning Engineer will be providing all necessary assistance to the construction supervision team with respect to all planning and scheduling issues and progress of the works.
• The incumbent will be responsible for the review and approval of the submitted work program by the contractor and he will monitor the work progress during the construction and reports to the Planning Manager/Senior Planning Engineer.
• He will participate and coordinate with the contractor to produce recovery work programs in case of delays and he will participate in assessment and analysis of time related claims.
• Review, check and evaluate the Contractor’s time schedule of works.
• Following the review, recommend, acceptance / rejection of the Contractor’s time schedule to Planning Manager/Senior Planning Engineer for forwarding the recommendation to the Engineer (PMC) and Client for program acceptance.
• Monitor the work progress, compare to the accepted program of work and report to the Planning Manager.
• Coordinate with the Planning Engineers of Client/PMC and the Contractor on all scheduling issues and progress.
• Prepare weekly, monthly (or any period agreed with the Engineer (PMC) / Client) reports about the status of construction progress.
• Evaluate, and forecast project progress and performance against the established accepted / amended schedule with critical milestones.
• Assess the impact(s) of design/construction changes and schedule slippages.
• Inform the Planning Manager/Senior Planning Engineer (for informing PMC / Client) of any potential delays in the project completion or the milestones.
• Analyse, assess and participate in discussions about any suggested recovery program by the Contractor to mitigate any delays.
• Participate in the assessment and analysis of time related claims by the contractor.
• Assist the SPE in progress validation, monitoring KPI’s & Construction commodities, and preparation of project status reports.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Degree in Civil Engineering with 14 years demonstrable experience in all aspects of civil supervision on major road, highway and general infrastructure projects preferably in the Gulf region.
• Certification in planning and scheduling of projects and in using Primavera applications (Primavera Project Management / P6 and Primavera Contract Management I Expedition) and cost engineering.
• Project management experience in planning, scheduling and cost engineering, including at least five (5) years using Primavera Project Management, Primavera contract Management (Expedition) and evidenced familiarity and use over the past twelve (12) months using the latest Primavera published edition P6.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in project planning, budgeting, cost phasing and control from the project initiation to close out phases, utilizing computer-based systems (Primavera Project Management 'P6' and Primavera Contract Management 'Expedition'), within the framework' of an integrated project services function for the effective management of a wide range of concurrent projects, to meet the business plan objectives.
• Completed at least one project in same role that is comparable in complexity and size to the projects being tendered.
• Familiarity with the techniques for schedule impact analysis.
• Preferable have minimum 3 years’ experience in the gulf region.
• Preferably fully conversant with the standard forms of Contracts used in PWA projects.
• Must have a sound knowledge about contractual relationships.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
• Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills, good report writing, analytical and computer skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.