Job description / Role
Prepare, manage and maintain schedules, monitoring progress status and reporting. Monitor KPIs and performance metrics for the project.
- Prepare baseline program, schedules, milestones, deliverables and timelines as per project management plan.
- Develop, manage and monitor the Master Schedule for the Program.
- Coordinate with all project parties to collate project status reports.
- Identify schedule variances of project status against schedule baseline using EVMs and calculate Schedule Performance Index (SPI).
- Prepare forecasts resulting from significant deviations from scheduled baselines.
- Identify project schedule risks and implement risk management approaches as decided by Project Manager and client.
- Interface with consultants, client and project team members for issues related to planning and scheduling activities.
- Coordinate with Project Manager for resolution of project control issues on site.
- Coordinate with Senior Quantity Surveyor on issues related to variations and disputed claims.
- Attend meetings with client for all aspects of project progress.
- Advise Project Manager on schedule variances and potential project risks and suggest and get approvals on remedial actions.
- Calculate and analyze Schedule Performance Index (SPI) and To-complete Performance Index (TCPI)
- Conduct regular project site inspections.
- Prepare project progress reports.
- Prepare other reports as advised by Project Manager.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends, methodologies, tools and best practices in project planning and control.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in Roads and Highways projects is a must.
- Primavera P6 practical experience is essential.
- Experience and demonstrated skill in supervising cost estimates, cost control, and overall project reporting activities.
- Knowledgeable of current industry and technical development.
About the Company
Bin Omran Trading and Contracting is a Grade "A" Qatari Contracting Company, which specializes in project management, construction, execution and Design Build for road works and infrastructure projects.
BOTC is highly committed to continuously upgrading its performance to keep pace with the emerging needs of the market and ultimately achieve client satisfaction. BOTC recognises that its success comes from and is attributed to its engineers and staff. Without their commitment, ingenuity, and hard work, BOTC would not be the success story it is today or the company we are striving to be tomorrow.
BOTC has a long history of delivering its projects on time, within budget and to the high quality demanded by the client. These are the traditions that made BOTC valued by its clients, and as our CEO, Dori Labaki says: "The road to a successful partnership is paved with guaranteed quality and unrivaled professionalism. Here at BOTC, we have secured an award-winning reputation with our clients built on mutual respect and shared value, and have grown into a leading business institution in Qatar. It is with this confidence that we look forward to many more years of prosperity ahead."
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies