Job description / Role
Level One: Manager - Planning & Cost Control
Jobs at this level are responsible for the overall management of Planning, Cost, Control and budgeting activities across all projects, utilising their broad knowledge and experience to oversee project-monitoring systems and ensure that all work progress is in line with agreed plan.
This level has significant input on the planning and organisational issues across all projects and corporate activities.
- Manage the planning and cost control services and resources to support the execution of project activities, ensuring all work packs are distributed to respective leaders, and report all aspects of project status to Senior management
- Effective utilisation of departmental resources
- Accurate reporting on schedules and cost for all projects
- Provide technical input and assistance at the tender stage by reviewing and compiling relevant data to ensure cost and lead times are realistic and achievable
- Accurate and realistic tenders submitted to deadline
- Commercially competitive tenders
- Review and assess necessary documents and reports for the preparation of Construction Schedule, Chart of Accounts and subsequent Project Budget to the level of detail deemed appropriate
- All requirements properly accounted for
- Quality and accuracy of Schedules and Accounts
- Proposed budget allocation approved
- Coordinate and follow up on recruitment, mobilisation/ demobilisation, internal allocation and monitor other site resources; i.e., fatigue, medical, induction, allocation of shifts (D/N), gate pass, induction, 3rd party training, ensuring that a reasonable buffer for emergencies is maintained
- Realistic mobilisation/ demobilisation plans established and agreed by concerned parties
- Effective utilisation of site resources achieved
- Liaise with Lead Engineers allocated at site to oversee the effective implementation of planning and budgeting functions across various projects
- Effective handover instruction to site
- Communication links established
- Review and approve/ confirm Weight Factor calculations for Progress Monitoring System
- Agreed weight factoring implemented
- Establishment of project monitoring system with appropriate cost coding
- Review planning, budgeting and cost analysis reports of multiple projects to measure performance of each site/ project and forecast future costs
- Project performance reviewed periodically
- Cost forecasts are accurate and realistic
- Provide Accounts section with cost allocations to enable the issuance of cost reports
- Accurate cost reports provided.
- Review various cost reports and monitoring data, checking accuracy and integrity, comparing actual spending vs. budget, manage any variations and implement subsequent remedial action.
- Accurate and timely cost data produced
- Clear assessment of actual performance versus planned performance
- Clear interpretation and guidance to address variance
- Carry out periodic visits to site to keep up to data with progress, checking the implementation of plans and monitoring systems, providing troubleshooting support of technical guidance as necessary to Project Management to resolve problems and difficulties.
- Project running to plan
- Technical support available to resolve problems promptly
- Provide training and guidance to subordinates in the use of project monitoring and planning systems and the interpretation of data and information generated.
- Systems used as per procedure
- Accurate data input and output
- Analyse cost/scheduling reports and forecasts against plan, assessing suggested appropriate action and deciding on the best course of action.
- Effective project control
- Deviation from plans/budgets properly identified with remedial action implemented where necessary
- Review and collate data on unit costs and productivity norms, which will be used as reference for future projects during Proposals/ Estimation, Planning and Cost stages.
- More accurate costing data for tendering purposes
- Represent interests with suppliers, partners and third party contractors etc., negotiation terms and conditions where necessary, ensuring that the company’s interests are protected.
- interests protected
- Value for money services and goals
- Effective co-operation with third parties
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE; QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- BSc. in relevant Engineering discipline. Post-grad qualifications desired
- Minimum 15 years’ experience of working on major projects, including in depth knowledge of several engineering disciplines and Project Life cycle.
- Extensive knowledge of EPC projects in Oil & Gas industry is mandatory, covering both site and office work
- Excellent commercial and organisational awareness
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task across multiple projects
- Knowledge of accounting systems and terminology
- Advanced interpersonal skills with confidence to negotiate effectively with third parties.
- Good supervisory skills.
- Proven team leader and decision maker
About the Company
QS Quest Ltd - Your Middle East Recruitment Partner
QS Quest Ltd are a niche Recruitment Consultancy specialising in the placement of Construction & Engineering professionals into the Middle East. We deliver end to end recruitment for both client and candidate, with the ability to identify key Construction & Engineering professionals from all nationalities.
With a detailed knowledge of the local Middle East market, we have a proven track record of sourcing and delivering key staff for some of the regions most recognised Construction & Engineering projects.
Geographical areas covered are: Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Oman. Bahrain and Iran.
Project Controls Manager
Senior Project Controls Manager
Planner/Asst. Project Manager
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar
Senior Planning Engineer - Main Contractor
Ignite Search & Selection