Job description / Role
Primary Purpose of the Job:
• Provides technical and professional assistance to the Senior Commercial Manager for preparation and phasing of project budget, preparation of initial execution program, review and input to Tender document, technical evaluation of Consultants Contractors execution program, histogram, planning procedures and methodology, analysis of Consultants / Contractors Planning package, review of Consultants
• Contractors weekly program, monitoring Consultants Contractors progress, invoice validation, forensic analysis of Consultants / Contractors electronic programme, schedule risk analysis, change management, schedule and milestone forecasting, resource usage analysis, delay claim analysis, asset capitalization, project reporting and project close-out.
• Works in close coordination with Senior Program Managers, Project Team,
• Contractors and Consultants to ensure that any issues that may have an impact on the project schedule is identified as soon as possible to enable effective mitigating actions to be taken.
• Generally, handles more than one project at a time with full responsibility for completion and handover.
• Perform initial scope review and prepare the phasing of the initial project budget in alignment with the project execution program.
• Prepare initial project execution program.
• Make any modified input on standard planning controls section of Tender documents after review of scope and strategy.
• Conduct technical evaluation of Contractor / Consultants execution program, resource levels, planning J reporting procedures and progress measurement methodology submitted in Contractors bid documents.
• After award of contract, attend Kick-off meeting to advice Clients Project team of project planning and control requirements for the Contract duration.
• Review, advise Consultants/Contractors of required amendments and final approval of Consultants/Contractors Execution Plan and Planning Package that will be used for monitoring progress, supporting claims (if any) and validation of claimed progress of works
• Monitor Consultant's / Contractor's performance and advising Project Manager of any schedule or interface issues that will affect the scheduled completion of the project.
• Attend progress review meetings, and providing updates to internal confidential progress reports.
• Audit and validate Value of Work Done (VOWD) claimed by Consultant/Contractor and endorse progress invoices for payment.
• Conduct a monthly forensic audit of Consultants/Contractors submitted Monthly updated Project Execution Plan to ensure no unilateral, unapproved changes to logic, activity relationships, durations, resource loadings and activities have been made.
• Review and analyze valid Consultants/Contractors schedule delay claims to establish the contractually justified extension of time (if any).
• Conduct a preliminary schedule impact analysis of any proposed changes to contract scope to make an informed decision on whether to proceed with
proposed scope change.
• After approval to proceed with change is obtained, recommend to Senior Commercial Manager for endorsement of the Change Request for issuance to
• Contractor/Consultant to obtain proposed cost and schedule impact for the proposed changes to contract as part of the Change Management process, evaluate schedule impact contained in the Consultants/Contractors submitted Change Request (CR) using Critical
• Path analysis techniques.
• Analyze any scheduling interfaces with other projects to ensure minimization of clashes and potential delays.
• Provides relevant input to Tender Committee submissions and reviews final submission regarding contract claims, variations or strategy changes for ongoing
• Regularly review with the relevant Cost Manager the impact on the Project Budget of any changes to planned Project Schedule, additional works or deletion of works and advises Senior Commercial Manager of potential major impacts.
• Prepare revised cost phasing profiles in line with actual and forecast project progress that will be used for the preparation of the Annual Capital Budget.
• Conduct regular trend reviews and forecast project delays and final completion dates.
• Highlight areas of concern; suggest corrective action plans and suitable monitoring strategies.
• Carry out "what if' risk analysis to anticipate unforeseen changes to the project and quantify potential impact and mitigation plans, as required.
• Review Contractors Asset Capitalization Schedule to ensure it complies with
• Contractual requirements.
• Monitor project close-out activities and provides planning inputs to project team in finalizing the close-out report and Contract Completion Certificate.
• Work in close coordination with the HFDPMO Line Management and Project team to support the development and continuous improvement of the internal HFD processes and procedures.
• Ensure that all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental procedures, instructions and controls are adhered so that the safety of employees, quality of products/services and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
• Perform other related duties and assignments as directed.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree in an Engineering or equivalent with training in project schedule management.
• High level of competency in using Project Control Software, expert proficiency in Project Management and Project Control Software including Primavera and MS
Project, Critical Path Analysis techniques, Risk Analysis software and full Microsoft Office suite.
• Minimum 15 Years' experience as a Projects Control specialist responsible for providing Project Controls services during the design and construction phases of
major buildings and civil infrastructure projects.
• Experience should include activities relating to the budgeting, cost phasing, planning, progress monitoring, reporting forecasting, risk analysis, change management, invoice validation, claim analysis, asset capitalization and project close-out activities.
• Have excellent planning, decision making, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Must have thorough knowledge of industry I international standards, and ability to interpret for specific application within sphere of relevant disciplines.
• Communication & negotiating skills as well as an ability to work in a multicultural team environment
• Must be well developed and proven.
• In the event of non-availability of Senior Commercial Manager, the incumbent shall be directly responsible for all principle accountabilities without the support of the Senior Commercial Manager.
• Works within the framework of approved corporate policies, procedures and standards, while exercising a high degree of independence in selecting
methodologies to perform project control responsibilities and tasks, and in providing expert advice on a wide variety of project control and planning related issues.
• Provide technical and professional assistance to the Senior Projects Control
• Manager for evaluating and providing solutions for particular, critical project control and planning issues.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Senior Planning Engineer - Main Contractor
Ignite Search & Selection
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar
Project Controls Manager
Project Controls Manager