Job description / Role
Primary Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for creation of customized workflows for individual projects whenever required, and ensure the correct usage of PMWeb by the Project Management Team.
PMWeb System Administrator must work closely with all the members of project management team. Generally, handles more than one project at a time.
• Liaises with the project management team to define and create any customized workflows for individual projects whenever needed.
• Assists and advises the project management team regarding correct usage of PMWeb from the internal perspective.
• Assists and advises the appointed Consultants and Contractors regarding: correct· usage of PMWeb from the external perspective
• Creation and unique registration of new projects in PMWeb.
• Provision of specialist assistance to the project management team in obtaining upr.to-date status and logs of project documents, correspondence items and action items in PMWeb.
• Provision of specialist advice to the project management team in the review, comment and approval of documents submitted by Consultants and Contractors.
• Participation in audit exercises and Stage Gate Reviews carried out by the Project Support Office.
• Daily inspection of PMWeb to mediate any workflow blockages.
• Closure of completed projects in PMWeb.
• Perform other related duties and assignments as directed.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years' experience in System administration
• Have background in SQL SSRS development
• MS SQL Server /Oracle database strong experience
• SQL, ASP.net, HTML, CSS, PHP, C#, Web Services, XXML strong experience.
• Have excellent planning, decision making, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Must have thorough knowledge of industry / international standards, and ability to interpret for specific application within sphere of relevant disciplines.
• Communication skills as well as an ability to work in a multicultural team environment must be well developed and proven.
• Works within the framework of approved corporate policies, procedures and standards, while exercising a high degree of independence in selecting methodologies to perform tasks related to operation of PMWeb, and in providing expert advice on a wide variety of technical issues related to operation of PMWeb.
• Evaluate and provide mitigating solution$ and actions for particular, critical technical issues related to operation of PMWeb.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.