Job description / Role
• Provide mentoring and goal setting for the development of staff
• Communicate with team members to ensure that they understand, and become engaged with, sector/discipline business plans
• Provide Design Management and Liaison with Global Excellence Centre, other regional offices, and sub-consultants.
• Proactively manage selected projects (or components of projects), take responsibility for resource allocation, manage subcontractors, manage the production of analysis and design (including drawings and reports), ensure the integrity of the overall design (in collaboration with other design disciplines), quality assurance and client feedback
• Liaise with the Project Manager or Director and the client to keep informed of all developments, changes/modifications associated with the Project
• Identify opportunities and drive implementation of re-engineering strategies to maximise the profitability of design components
• Gain a good understanding of the background of the client’s business and industry to facilitate building effective and enduring relationships and consolidate both company and personal credibility in the industry
• Provide leadership, direction and technical advice to project team members, take a proactive role in developing team members to their full potential, lead by example to achieve sector/divisional goals and champion a quality, innovative and entrepreneurial culture.
• Aware and compliant with relevant H&S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness with the team.
• Provide reassurance, confidence and a sense of direction to both client and project team members.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Arcadis.
• Maintain technical libraries to ensure reference material and design standards are kept up-to-date
• Must have a Degree in Electrical Engineering or any relevant engineering degree and professional services
• Must be an MMUP Certified (Grade A)
• Must have extensive knowledge in High Rise Buildings in both Design and Supervision
• Working knowledge of Qatar local authority approvals is recommended
• Strong people skills with a collaborative design approach
• Should have at least +12 year’s post-graduate experience, including supervising aspects of a project of significant scale
• Good motivational, influencing, people management and delegation skills
• Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner with a good understanding of commercial aspects of a project
About the Company
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design & consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate more than 3 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Electrical Engineer - Supervision
Electrical Engineer - Data Center
Electrical QC Engineer II
Electrical Engineer - Desalination Plant Construction
|Saudi Arabia||24 Feb|