Job description / Role
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an opportunity for a Principal Process Engineer t o join our team in Qatar on a staff basis. This is a key role within the Wood Doha office delivering across study, FEED, EPC and PMC scopes of work. In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of project work in accordance with the project execution plan, including Wood and/or Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control within the man-hour, cost and the project schedule targets.
Reflecting the market focus for the office in both brownfield and greenfield opportunities, multi-skilled personnel are sought, in particular those with experience in:
- Onshore Oil and Gas
- Offshore Oil and Gas
- Flow assurance
- Produce, review, and take responsibility for the accuracy of detailed calculations, process engineering datasheets and drawings to specify the process engineering requirements of our projects
- Supervise less experienced process engineers and, where required, be line manager for process engineers within Qatar office.
- Support recruitment, training and development of process personnel
- Follow company standards and procedures to schedule and budget as advised by the Lead Process Engineer
- Remain up to date with the latest technical developments in your fields of expertise
- Demonstrate, provide and develop appropriate technical solutions for specific project issues
- Ensure the delivery of challenging project and client targets using sound technical knowledge and decision-making skills
- Take a proactive approach to personal & professional development
- Ensure Wood and Client Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures are followed and that a high standard of safety is achieved in all associated work
- Demonstrate appreciation of commercial and technical risks, managing these appropriately within own work and highlighting any significant issues to Lead Process Engineer
- Seek and support opportunities for department and project improvement and contribute to developing solutions
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualification in Chemical Engineering, and preferably a member of a relevant professional body or institution.
- Minimum 15 years' experience in Oil & Gas post-graduation
- Experience of working in a variety of projects and phases, including greenfield and brownfield, on and offshore, Concept through to EPC, with a focus on upstream.
- A self-motivated, proactive individual with high achievement drive and initiative, excellent verbal and written communication skills and good organisational awareness
- Ability to impact and influence fellow workers
- Demonstration of customer focus and ability to respond to customer needs whilst achieving project and corporate objectives
- Display analytical and innovation skills to manage new technology
- Experience of leading/chairing HAZID/HAZOP reviews for small projects will be an advantage
- Able to produce process simulations using Aspentech Hysys. Ability to use other simulation tools such as Pro-II will be an advantage
- Use of flow assurance software including OLGA and PIPENET
- Experience of Aveva P&ID and/or Smartplant P&ID software
Applicants are required to:
- Have demonstrable experience of recruitment within their discipline, including interviewing, candidate selection and team building within small discipline teams.
- Have demonstrable experience of working independently / remotely from technical leadership personnel (although functional leadership will be within the Doha office.
- Have demonstrable experience of working within a small project office, supporting cross discipline activities beyond their core discipline
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
About the Company
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.