Job description / Role
• Coordinate closely with client to develop project execution strategy and KPIs to monitor implementation of the same.
• Coordinate with VP to finalize project budgets, plans and delivery schedules.
• Coordinate with VP, Chief Technical Officer and HR Director to staff the project team in a timely manner.
• Coordinate with various project team managers to finalize quality, cost, and time goals for project.
• Support VP on feasibility studies and risk plans for project.
• Drive the engagement and management of consultants and contractors.
• Establish KPIs for consultants and contractors and monitor the same.
• Conduct routine project site inspections.
• Conduct regular project meetings with internal and external teams (consultants, contractors etc) for project tracking and progress review.
• Closely monitor project metrics and follow up with relevant parties for corrective, preventive and defect repair actions.
• Lead and manage client relationship for the project(s) through periodic update and feedback meetings, bringing in the VP at appropriate times.
• Finalize and manage scope, schedule, quality and budget changes with client where necessitated.
• Ensure that change control system is implemented.
• Monitor the implementation of strategic initiatives in project activities and interface management.
• Expedite project operations by dealing directly with individuals and organizations involved.
• Ensure appropriate usage and application of the Project Management System (PMS) with respect to entry and analysis of work related data for day to day functioning to facilitate seamless communication of all relevant (technical/non-technical) information across the organization on a real time basis for maximum effectiveness.
• Monitor the project commissioning team to ensure that all projects are meticulously commissioned to deliver world class standards of quality to QPM clients
• Degree in Civil Engineering
• 20 to 25 years related work experiences
• Working experience in international teams in big construction projects
• Ensure compliance of all project work with various government and market requirements, specifically 100% EHS and environmental laws’ compliance.
• Ensure implementation of all HR policies in department.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Ignite Search & Selection
Senior Project Manager
Currie & Brown
|Abu Dhabi||12 Mar|
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Senior Project Manager
Rider Levett Bucknall