Job description / Role
Stantec is supporting our client, Qatar’s Public Works Authority ‘Ashghal’, in delivering projects to realise flood prevention works ahead of the 2022 World Cup to avoid and minimise practical and reputational impacts of rainfall events on the successful hosting of this global event.
We seek an experienced candidate to support the Ashghal team through providing programme analysis, stakeholder coordination and issue management. The successful candidate would have previous experiences in programme management of sewer construction in a large-sized utility in the region.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Analysis of programme status vs. goals and creation of strategies for outperformance and risk reduction
• Organisation and implementation of Programme Plans and following up on priorities and actions
• Supporting multiple project delivery teams in analysis of construction progress and handover of assets to operational teams
• Guiding the creation of Flood Mitigation Plans and other strategies to reduce flooding risk for 2022 World Cup event
• Provision of ad-hoc support to Assets Affairs’ Advisors and Engineers as required
Key Tasks and Duties:
• Providing supporting and detailed analysis to Ashghal’s Programme Manager
• Production of stakeholder communications materials and report to Ashghal’s internal / external stakeholders on a regular / ad-hoc basis as required, including the development of material for executive reporting to the Director of Assets Affairs, H. E. The President of Ashghal and others as requested
• Manage Ashghal internal stakeholder engagement activities to ensure alignment across Projects and Assets Affairs
• Ensure adherence to Ashghal’s Health and Safety Procedures and all company policies, procedures, and regulations
• Excellent analytical skills in project management arena
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills within a diverse group, from executives to operators and contractors
• Excellent supervisory and management skills, including creativity, change management, and empowerment
• Significant technical knowledge of utility network operations
• Degree or higher-level qualification in engineering (e.g., BSc, BEng, MSc Civil Eng.)
• Minimum of 12 years’ relevant and practical experience within major water / wastewater utility organisation(s)
• Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in organisation(s) undergoing significant transformation
• Programme management experience for complex construction works over 100m QAR value.
• Preferred Chartered Status
• PMP Certification
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Master Planner Water/Wastewater
Senior Project Manager
Construction Manager - Site Supervision
SAS Global Consultants
Project Director / Construction Director - Roads & Highways
Senior Site Engineer - Engineering Consultancy