Job description / Role
• Plan, prioritize and manage multiple engineering projects, within budget, on schedule, safety and of the required quality.
• Prioritize tasks and assign team members to ensure that the team’s overall resources are used effectively and that project deadlines are met.
• Project Management
• To plan, coordinate and manage the design, procurement, construction, and commissioning of assigned projects, including taking a leadership role in the preparation of proposals.
• Provide overall project schedule, budget, leadership management and expertise to meet the project objectives.
• Participate in gathering and recording lesson learned for the project.
• Respond to ad hoc request from client related to controls and reporting.
• Assist the site management in developing/reviewing cost and schedule corrective actions and recovery plans and make sure needed actions/plans are implemented.
• Select and manage ongoing relationships with external contractors so that the organization receives satisfactory standards of service.
• Select, guide and develop a team of project member with operational responsibilities to ensure that the organization achieves it business objectives and complies with all relevant rules and regulations.
• Identify and implement training requirements.
• Safety, Quality and Productivity
• Ensure that organization and government standards on safety are met.
• Ensure that customer quality specifications are constantly met.
• Allocate capital and human resources to maximize productivity
• Provide a safe and healthy workplace and drive adherence to safe systems of work by monitoring adherence to the company’s Safety Policy, Safety Management Plan and related procedures.
• Supervise the preparation of project budgets and proposals for capital expenditure and investments in equipment, systems, or other assets and resources.
• Supervise the preparation of operating budgets and proposals for capital expenditure and investments in infrastructure, technology, equipment, systems, or other assets and resources.
• Analyze and approve operations investments that best meet the organization needs within approved limits or make recommendations to the top management team.
• Involve in the pre and post-sale bid preparation functions.
• To analyze and understand tender requirements.
• To supervise the collection of commercial, financial and technical information needed for the bid and proposal.
• To lead post proposal review to identify good practices and continuous improvements.
• Identify project risk and opportunities.
• Maintain risk management focus throughout the project duration.
• Decisions Expected
• Propose and decide cause of actions regarding the assessment of claims and variation orders.
• Recommendations Expected
• Any execution pertaining to the project operations not within the project standard and policy should get prior approval from Project Director.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
• At least twenty (20) years in Oil & Gas industry and must be on permanent payroll of CONTRACTOR for at least 3 years, with a minimum of fifteen (15) years of Project Manager experience preferably in managing major tankage EPIC projects.
• Previous experience as a project engineer on projects of up to turnover value of about S$ 30 million preferred.
• Personal characteristics and behaviours required for this job
• Excellent leadership skills with ability to lead a team of multinational and disciplines.
• Positive attitudes/ Drive for result.
• Good interpersonal, management and decision-making skills.
• Strong Business acumen.
• Willing to work overseas in a team environment.
• Willing to relocate to the required project site.
SAFETY KNOWLEDGE AND COURSES (GOOD TO HAVE)
• Supervise Workplace Safety Health in Process Plant (SWSHPP).
• Building Construction Supervisors Safety (BCSS).
• Construction Safety Course for Project Managers (CSCPM).
• First Aider
• Risk Assessment
• Working At Height (WAH) for Supervisor
About the Company
ROTARY is one of the region's leading oil and gas infrastructure services companies with extensive international experience offering fully integrated engineering design, procurement, and construction (EPC) services to the oil and gas, petroleum, petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries.
Headquartered in Singapore, Rotary has established a strong presence in the Asia-Pacific region and continues to make its mark as a global player. Established in 1972, Rotary has forged a reputation built on its hallmark traits of providing quality services, within budget, safely and on-time delivery.
Today, Rotary boasts a total strength of over 6,000 employees which include a highly and multi-skilled workforce that forms the mainstay of its core EPC services.