Job description / Role
My client is a European Technology Engineering Company with know-how and technical expertise in consulting, designing, delivering and managing Critical Infrastructure Projects. Their technical expertise includes a range of technical disciplines including security, communications, Building Management and many other ELV systems.
The company has successfully delivered complex projects in many of Qatar’s largest and highest profile transportation projects – eg ports, airport, metro etc
Overall Purpose of job:
To lead the Project Team and contribute in the set up of it, for the implementation of new ELV systems in Doha, at a critical national infrastructure project. The successful candidate must have both technical management and project management experience as the scope includes the implementation of various new systems and their integration.
The successful candidate will be required to work on-site at the project location, whilst also spending a small number of days at the company’s head office in Doha.
• Responsible for the Project Teams’ overall performance and coordination
• Interface with Customer assigned personnel and represent the company in project meetings and presentations
• Elaboration and update of the project planning data (man-effort, actual costs v budget, time schedules, personnel deployment planning etc)
• Monitoring of project progress performance (% of completion, CPM etc)
• Achievement of programme objectives as stipulated in contract and in compliance with guidelines and policies
• Project milestones and deliverables monitoring
• Supervision, review and control of deliverables preparation
• Management and coordination of project team and package leaders
• Risk management (risk assessment and mitigation plan)
• Contract Management including necessary correspondence
• Claim management
• Responsible for the Supervision of QA and HSE activities
• Overall professional experience 15 years
• 10 years in managing engineering projects in value greater than QAR100 million in the filed of ELV systems: IT, LAN active network infrastructure, VoIP, Professional Communication Systems (TETRA, LTE etc), communication towers, computer / data rooms etc
• Good University Degree in Engineering (Electrical / Electronic / IT / Communications
• Native Arabic language speaker
• Fluent in English
• Excellent communication and customer management skills
• Understanding of contract management requirements
• Claim management experience
• Excellent command in MS Office tools
Preferred Experience / Qualifications
Priority will be given to candidates with the following:
• Previous experience in airport / seaport projects
• Previous experience living and working in the GCC
• Professional training and qualification in Program Management PMI Prince 2 etc
• Relevant post-graduate studies
About the Company
"Stratus was founded in 2005 in order to supply a unique, tailored service to the property, real estate and construction industries."
Our approach is honest and upfront, delivering an efficient and cost effective service which we recognise is critical in the current market place. We differentiate ourselves from our competitors by providing consistent high quality results, adding real value to your organisation and allowing talented professionals in the property and construction fields to develop their potential within progressive environments.
Our open and consultative style has allowed us to successfully develop long standing relationships with clients and candidates alike, within leading consultancy, main contracting and client organisations. In tandem with this we also have an expansive network of contacts at all levels across the industry, and can provide sophisticated market intelligence, both in the UK and EMEA.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Business Development Manager - LV, ELV & ICT
Electrical Design Engineer
Senior MEP Manager - ELV Specialist
Senior Electrical Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||21 Mar|
Senior Project Manager
Qatar Project Management (QPM)