Job description / Role
My client is a leading European Systems Integrator with an excellent reputation for delivering the largest transportation, industrial and commercial projects in the GCC. Their expertise includes the project management and implementation of a range of systems including IT, Security, Building Management, Command and Control & Information Cyber Security Systems.
For a brand new infrastructure mega-project of national critical importance in Qatar, the company is looking to recruit a Project Manager with technical capability in ELV systems and the ability to lead a project of this size and scope.
The overall Purpose of Job is to lead the project team and contribute to the set-up of it, for the implementation of new ELV systems in Doha on a critical national infrastructure project. The successful candidate must have both technical and project management experience as the scope incudes the implementation of various new systems and their integration.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the overall project team performance and coordination
- Interface with customer assigned personnel and represent company at project meetings and presentations
- Elaboration and update of the project planning data (an-effort, actual costs versus budget, times-schedules, personnel deployment planning etc)
- Monitoring of project progress performance (percentage of completion CPM etc)
- Achievement of program objectives as stipulated in the contract and in compliance with company guidelines and policies
- Project deliverables and milestones monitoring
- Supervision, review and control of deliverables preparation
- Management and coordination of project team and package leaders
- Organise and lead project management meetings (internal and external)
- Development of remedies and mitigation of deviations from plans
- Reporting of the project according to defined goals: Quality, schedule, cost, effort and risk
- Claim management including correspondence and documentation to support company request for additional scope or extension of time and relevant compensation
- Contract management including necessary correspondence to address technical, commercial and contractual issues
- Subcontractor/vendor management
- Risk management (Risk assessment and mitigation plan)
- Responsible for the set-up, supervision and management of PMO activities
- Responsible for the supervision of Quality Assurance and HSE activities
- Overall professional experience 15 years
- Experience – 10 years in managing engineering projects of total value greater than QAR100 million in the field of ELV systems (CCTV, access control etc), intrusion detection systems, BMS, fire detection and alarm systems, ICT systems, LAN / WAN, professional communication systems, (TETRA / VHF etc)
- Education – Good university degree in engineering (electrical / electronic / IT or Communications)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English language
- Excellent communication skills and customer management
- Able to work with and manage multinational teams
- Presentation skills
- Understanding and managing contract requirements
- Claim management experience
- Excellent command of MS Office tools (Powerpoint, excel, work, MS Project)
About the Company
"Stratus was founded in 2005 in order to supply a unique, tailored service to the property, real estate and construction industries."
Our approach is honest and upfront, delivering an efficient and cost effective service which we recognise is critical in the current market place. We differentiate ourselves from our competitors by providing consistent high quality results, adding real value to your organisation and allowing talented professionals in the property and construction fields to develop their potential within progressive environments.
Our open and consultative style has allowed us to successfully develop long standing relationships with clients and candidates alike, within leading consultancy, main contracting and client organisations. In tandem with this we also have an expansive network of contacts at all levels across the industry, and can provide sophisticated market intelligence, both in the UK and EMEA.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Technical Facilities Manager