Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Project Manager - HV/EHV UG Power Cables with over ten years experience of overall responsibility of management and administration of a Contract including supervision, coordination, testing, and commissioning of the works, with particular emphasis on meeting the contract requirements with respect to quality, time and budget.
A typical week would include:
* Establish a construction management plan to ensure all contracts are administered to a common standard and practice
* Initiate and respond to contract correspondence to and from Client, and contractual correspondence with the Contractor
* Officially handover the site to the contractor
* Arrange, chair, and record meetings, commencing with the kick-off meeting and thereafter progress and management meetings that are deemed necessary
* Responsible for managing a team of engineers involved in design review and site supervision activities.
* Ensure the contractor liaises with service and other authorities in a timely manner so as not to affect the progress of the works by attending meetings, monitoring agreed programmes and regular follow-up.
* Responsible for review of contractor correspondences and prepare responses to technical and contractual letters by coordinating with client and contractors.
* Establish procedures for inspection approvals, testing, commissioning in accordance with the requirements of the contract
* Review and comment on the contractor's programs ensuring that they are sufficiently detailed to demonstrate compliance with the requirements of the contract, allocated resources, and cash flow
* Monitor the Contractors progress during construction and regularly assesses output
* Implement QMS and HSE requirements and conduct regular Audits
* Certify interim and finalize payments after full review and consultation with the responsible team and Quantity Surveyor
* Prepare substantial completion reports including any outstanding requirements
* Issue taking-over and defects liability certificates as required under the contract
* Participate in management review meeting with client and contractors to review the progress of ongoing projects and provide updates to the management
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Degree in Electrical Engineering.
* Minimum 10 years of working experience with similar capacity.
* Experience in leading supervision activities on large HV/EHV UG cable projects for a Supervision Consultancy or PMC will be an added advantage.
* Essentially having detailed knowledge of post contract supervision role and responsibilities related to review of contractor's Cable design drawings, submittals and site inspection procedures.
* People managing skill, with excellent written and verbal skills. Able to build excellent client relations through communication and multidisciplinary coordination skills
What if we can?
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.