Job description / Role
At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Due to the continued success of our Middle East operations, we are looking for a Project Manager to join our diverse team in Doha, Qatar.
• Minimum of 20 years post-graduate experience, of which 12 years in a managerial or technical lead capacity in similar works, managing all aspects of construction management, supervision and project administration of similar large-scale Pump stations and Sewage Treatment Works.
• Membership of an accredited Project Management Institution would be an advantage.
• Chartered Engineer status in the United Kingdom or any other recognized Professional Institution is required, all to the approval of the Engineer.
• Experience must include all Health & Safety and Environmental Protection aspects of the construction of similar large-scale sewerage, surface and ground water networks projects.
• It is an essential requirement to have previous experience in managing similar size infrastructure development including Large Pump Stations, Sewage Treatment Works etc. Experience in PPP project supervision is preferred.
• Must be able to administer the PPPA within delegated authority and advise the Engineer and provide necessary recommendations to the Project Company in all matters regarding the requirements and interpretation of the PPPA.
• Experience must include reviewing, verifying, commenting, monitoring and recommending non-Objection for Design Management Plan, Design calculations, Hydraulic analysis, MEICA design calculations, Adequacy of engineering investigations, proposed quality assurance and quality control procedures prepared and submitted by the Project Company.
• He/She shall monitor and advise the Project Company, including their compliance with their contracts, preparation of construction management plans, safety and security of the works, progress, quality and environmental aspects.
• He/She must have experience of providing recommendations to the Engineer on the list of all deviations from the standards cited in the PPPA, proposed by the Project Company;
• Must be able to demonstrate the extent of his/ her knowledge and experience in respect of international construction/
• contract law, contract administration procedure, staff management, hold a perceptive understanding of Public Authority procedures and be capable of interpreting statutes, code ordinances and regulations;
• Must demonstrate experience in respect of the technical and financial proposals, evaluation and constructability, technology deployment and solving technical problem that may arise during construction.
• Must have a strong leadership to lead a large project management team of inter disciplines and a strong desire on delivering results.
• Knowledge and ability to understand, lead, make appropriate decisions on the responsibilities to progress the work mentioned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil engineering from an accredited University with Professional Qualifications from a recognized International Institution and with a professional career development record all as approved by the Engineer.
• Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability for written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills;
• Strong leadership quality to lead and motivate a large team of multi-discipline technical and professional supervision staff, in a consultant role within, a Design Build project environment;
• Computer skills are mandatory
• Experience working in Qatar and/or the Gulf region is highly preferred.
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Project Manager
Project Manager - Construction
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
Deputy Project Director
Black Pearl Consult
Project Director / Construction Director - Roads & Highways
Projects Director / Operations Manager - Construction Developer