Job description / Role
TOGETHER WE ENSURE THE SAFETY AND COMFORT OF MILLIONS OF PASSENGERS WHO RELY ON OUR SYSTEMS DAILY
THALES GROUP AND THALES QATAR
Worldwide, our customers rely on our expertise and innovation of 62,000 people in 56 countries across five markets; Aerospace, Space, Transportation, Defense and Security.
We have been present in Qatar for over 35 years and with over 200 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in Qatar is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Our people are working on two major urban rail projects; the Doha Metro and Lusail Tramway and providing security and communications systems for Hamad International Airport and Doha Port as well as delivering world-class In-Flight entertainment and Connectivity systems.
Thales people design solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our world leading Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We, deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Integrated Supervision & Communications (ISC)
Did you know that Thales is the number 1 supplier of integrated supervision and communication systems for rail networks worldwide? Used in more than 20 countries, our systems allow rail networks to ensure passenger safety and comfort by providing them with solutions that enable them to provide passenger information and services such as WiFi, whilst our video surveillance and radio communication systems are ensuring the safety of passengers and staff. Millions of passengers rely on our systems daily.
That is why we rely on our people to help us master the most complex environments for our customers, and careers start here.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A PROJECT PLANNER TO JOIN THE THALES INTEGRATED SUPERSISION & COMMUNICATIONS TEAM IN DOHA, QATAR .
The Project Planner will play a key role in this by progress tracking of key activities and ensuring accurate reporting.
• Extracts and collates information to produce daily, weekly and monthly planning reports.
• Exceptional MS Excel user, able to utilize the tool and information to produce info-graphics in a creative manner, copes with on demand requests, with top-end quality and presentation skills.
• Enhance and process periodic schedule updates based on communication with project teams.
• Obtains work performance information to perform resource loading, leveling, generating, histograms, S-curves and resource analysis, considering resource calendars.
• Performs periodic site visits to ensure and verify on site progress of subcontractors.
• Performs all forms of analyses; Critical Path, Risk Analysis, Time impact Analysis , and supports Commercial matters (Variations, EOT, Claims, emergent scope, omissions, instructions…etc.)
• Review, monitor and control suppliers' and subcontractors' schedule and reports.
• Estimate durations, resources requirements, dependencies…etc.
• Raises alerts and flags near critical issues in a timely manner.
• Proposes solutions for recovery and possible mitigation measures whenever necessary.
• Experienced in Mega-projects and multi-national working environments.
• Bachelor's Degree in a relevant engineering field
• Membership of relevant professional body (APM, CIHT, PMI etc..)
• 8 years of Primavera experience and on similar projects
• Previous experience in delivering Telecommunication, Supervision and Security systems projects from design to commissioning.
• Fluent in English, Arabic speaker preferred.
Your contributions to Thales' cutting-edge products make possible the continued delivery of excellence and hundreds of millions of satisfied passengers globally. If your skills, experience and attitude match the above and you are looking for exciting challenges, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch. At Thales - Qatar, we provide careers - not jobs.
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.
Senior Planning Engineer
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
|Abu Dhabi||18 Dec|
Senior Planning Engineer
Ignite Search & Selection
Planning Engineer - Major Infrastructure Project