Job description / Role
Purchasing - Storekeeper (Global Sports Event Qatar 2022 - Accommodation Services)
STOREKEEPER (fixed term contract until January 2023)
What's in it for you?
Take the fantastic opportunity to broaden your horizon outside the common hotel environment and play your role in delivering high quality hospitality services embedded in one of the world's most popular sports events. Benefit from this exceptional experience by advancing your skills, know-how and future career.
What you will be doing:
Responsible for the receiving, storing, issuing and accounting of assets and supplies. Assist the Purchasing Manager in the control of all store items and to maintain a system of Inventory Management.
- To be thoroughly familiar with all spare parts requirements and specifications for all equipment installed in a Hotel.
- Categorize all store areas within his control to ensure spares are readily identified and available when required.
- Control issuance of storeroom items in order to prevent wastage.
- Ensure that any delivered items, comply with the requirements and specifications.
- Maintain day-to-day records for accounting purposes.
- Prepare purchase requests and follow-up with the department for prompt delivery.
- Ensure working areas are kept clean and tidy all times.
- Ensure cleanliness of appearance and uniform, particularly when working in guest areas.
- Observe and practice safe working methods.
- Performs related duties and special projects where and when instructed by his/her supervisor.
- Maintain full flexibility in his/her attitude to work.
- Work to the highest standards of his/her trade and conforms to all local codes of practice.
- Inspect supplier's delivery of materials and supplies for conformity with quantity and quality specifications.
- Store and arranges stocks for ease of issuance, maintains cleanliness and orderliness of storerooms.
- Issue materials and supplies per approved requisitions.
- Keep records of materials received or issued.
- Initiate purchase requisitions for materials and supplies, assists purchasing department.
- Completion and sign off of issuance paperwork
- Conduct monthly inventory of materials and supplies comparing stock card balances with physical count/or at agreed timeframe/intervals.
- Perform duties common to all rank-and-life and non-supervisory personnel and other duties as may be assigned.
- Maintain spare part manuals, catalogues, and list of suppliers.
- Bring ideas and solutions to the process
- Flexibility, this is a project different to the usual hotel running, so flexibility and adaptability are needed
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by department Manager.
Your experience and skills include:
- Ability to develop and build relationships, utilize skills appropriately
- Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system
- Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to work force
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to other colleagues
- Ability to work a full-time schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to handle multi-million inventories.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills
- Physical ability to move and handle boxes of inventory items and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.