Job description / Role
We are looking for a qualified QA/QC Engineer with Fit Out experience to work in our ongoing projects in Qatar. This position provides specialized support through the application of technical skills to the delivery of QA/QC systems.
• Ensures delivery against QA department goals and objectives.
• Review product submittals against specifications.
• Review & approval of all associated suppliers issued quality assurance control documentation, problem solving of field inspection non-conformances and deviations from suppliers during inspection life cycle.
• To recommend actions to correct observed quality deficiencies.
• Develop QA/QC Documentation and Reporting Systems for the Project and Department (Manuals, Plans, ITPs, Procedures, Instructions, Inspection Forms and Quality Records, etc) for conducting day to day operations, tests and inspections of products, services or processes.
• Maintains product consistency throughout product cycle, to include the design, define and build phases through quality checkpoints and testing.
• Manages the planning and execution of product testing efforts.
• Works with project managers to develop project schedules and resource allocation models for QA related projects and other activities such as software deployment, customer integration, and professional services validation.
• Ensure that all drawings are in line with project scope, contract specification and the company quality standards.
• Check supplied materials, furniture or equipment match their specified areas and locations in the drawings.
• Responsible for the final handover of the project, till defect liability period.
• Manage overall quality control in terms of Inspection test plan in liaison with inspectors.
• Involvement where required in work inspections, material inspections.
• Mock-up inspections, site visits and carry out audits.
• Contribute to the reviews of Inspection test plan, Method Statements and Nonconformance reports.
• Carry out internal Audits as Construction Management and Supervision Consultant on the project.
• Manage overall quality process and procedures.
• Contribute to QA/QC section to the weekly/monthly report.
• Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in QA/QC for interior fit out work only.
• Civil Engineering with interior fit out background.
• QA/QC training certificate is a must.
• Computer literate in MS Word and Excel and working experience with Auto-cad and Primavera
• Must be well versed in applicable International Codes, Standards and Specifications of construction.
• Demonstrated coordination skills and confident and clear communication skills (oral & written)
• Dynamic, independent and ability to work under pressure.
• Excellent proficiency in English is required.
About the Company
1000 Walls Interiors & Decoration is an Interior Design and Fit-out solutions provider which specializes in delivery of high-end luxury spaces and customized interior solutions. Our team carries extensive experience in Hospitality, Retail and Commercial sector with a focus into design, delivery and installation. We offer complete turn-key project management and delivery, relying on our vast network of local and international suppliers as well as our in-house building teams, which specialize in all aspects of project cycle, from design, MEP and structural steel works to joinery, partitions, gypsum works, FF&E delivery & installation, and bespoke finishes. We engage and have executed projects for all sectors of interior design and fit-out field - government and semi-government, retail, commercial, entertainment, food & beverage, hospitality and private residences. We comply with the highest international standards in quality of work, health & safety and environmental protection, and are certified as Grade-A general contractor.
Specialties: Design, Interior Fit-out, Civil Works, MEP Works, Structural Steel and Metal works, Upholstery, Glass Works, Procurement and Project Management.