Job description / Role
QA / QC Manager - Civils/Building Construction Project
QR Negotiable Tax Free Package
Digby Morris' client is a highly respected employer in the Qatari market. A privately owned main contractor which employs about 5000 employees entirely in Doha, the company has been operating for about 30 years and has a turnover in the region of $600m per annum. It is largely involved in traditional D&B construction projects including hotels and high rise commercial projects as well as residential and industrial projects.
To provide active support and technical supervision of the site-based field audit and inspection function.
Role & Responsibilities:
• In conjunction with the Project Management Team and the EPC, Contractor, the QA/QC Specialist will establish a project Quality Management Program and lead the implementation of site based QA/QC plans.
• Establish and maintain the flow of quality information and documentation among the Project Management Team, the EPC Contracts Specialist, the contractor and other stakeholders as required.
• Participate actively on the Project Management Team and take a lead role in the following:
• Identification of project-quality related issues that have the potential of adversely affecting the contractual commitments and the overall facility(s) operability.
• Ensuring the Project Quality Management and Quality Control programs and practices that are reflective of Internal Quality Standards.
• Participate actively in the documentation and reporting of contractual non-conformances and other related issues.
• Actively participate in site meetings and provide proactive ongoing support to the site management teams.
• Civil Engineering Degree is a must.
• Minimum 10 years of hands-on quality management and QA/QC experience in international construction environments.
• Must hold MMUP Grade “A”
• Comprehensive understanding of relevant International Design Codes, Quality Control Processes and applicable regulatory requirements.
• A portfolio of complementary skills in areas such as :
• Quality Management Information Systems.
• Project Documentation Processes.
• Technical / Inspection Staff Supervision.
• Capable of providing technical leadership within a multi-cultural environment.
• Excellent communications, report writing and problem solving skills.
About the Company
Digby Morris one of the first choice recruitment consultancies operating within the property and construction industry. Offering expertise in executive search & selection, contingency recruitment, interim management and contract placements as well as a comprehensive range of specialist consulting services, we understand that every clients requirement is different and tailor each project to our clients\\' needs.
We specialise solely in the placement of property and construction professionals from graduates to senior managers, partners and main board directors. To date our clients have included:
- Private Practices
- Leisure Operators
- Financial Institutions
- House Builders