Job description / Role
TOGETHER WE ENSURE THE SAFETY AND COMFORT OF MILLIONS OF PASSENGERS WHO RELY ON OUR SYSTEMS DAILY
THALES GROUP AND THALES IN QATAR
Worldwide, our customers rely on our expertise and innovation of 62,000 people in 56 countries across five markets; Aerospace, Space, Transportation, Defence and Security.
We have been present in Qatar for over 35 years and with over 200 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in Qatar is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Our people are working on two major urban rail projects; the Doha Metro and Lusail Tramway and providing security and communications systems for Hamad International Airport and Doha Port as well as delivering world-class In-Flight entertainment and Connectivity systems.
Thales people design solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our world leading Rail Signaling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We, deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
INTEGRATED SUPERVISION & COMMUNICATIONS (ISC)
Did you know that Thales is the number 1 supplier of integrated supervision and communication systems for rail networks worldwide? Used in more than 20 countries, our systems allow rail networks to ensure passenger safety and comfort by providing them with solutions that enable them to provide passenger information and services such as WiFi, whilst our video surveillance and radio communication systems are ensuring the safety of passengers and staff. Millions of passengers rely on our systems daily.
That is why we rely on our people to help us master the most complex environments for our customers, and careers start here.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER TO JOIN THE THALES INTEGRATED SUPERVISION & COMMUNICATIONS (ISC) TEAM IN QATAR.
The Quality Assurance Manager will ensure compliance to the company policies, processes, instructions included within the quality management system while ensuring the delivery of high quality products which meets internal quality criteria as well as customer contractual requirements.
Ensure that the Solution delivered to the Customer comply with both Customer and Thales requirements and with the applicable standards and regulations, with the required level of Quality,
- Manage and lead all Quality staff assigned to the project in meeting project quality requirements
- Responsible for Quality manpower planning in order to meet project milestones/objectives.
- Plan and Manage the Quality department operating budget.
- Analyse Customer and Thales Quality requirements, define and implement the Quality Plan,
- Evaluating the requirements of a Contract and to identify the tailoring of the project process baseline, including mandatory gate checklists to be performed.
- Support and verify tailoring activities and their result in the relevant existing documentation,
- Supporting the GPM, System Engineering Manager and core bid/project team in tailoring and applying processes.
- Verify the process implementation
- Ensure that the Quality Plan covers the overall necessary arrangements to comply with standards, regulations and laws,
- Ensure the execution of the project quality assurance plan.
- Establishing the quality objectives/criteria for each of the project gates.
- Lead the Quality Assurance activities including supplier quality Assurance to ensure the Solution is in line with Customer expectations, contractual requirements, quality standards and with the risks mitigation objectives,
- Supply the data resulting from audits, return and customer complaints, alert and veto right, to ensure the reporting, to prevent the risks,
- Approve or make sure of the formal approval of the conformity of products and to be in charge of the follow-up of the complaints of the customers,
Your contributions to Thales' cutting-edge products make possible the continued delivery of excellence and hundreds of millions of satisfied passengers globally. If your skills, experience and attitude match the above and you are looking for exciting challenges, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch. At Thales in Qatar, we provide careers - not jobs.
Skills and Experience:
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in Electronics/ Telecommunication, / Instrumentation / Mechatronics / Electrical or related field required.
Close familiarity with the tools, concepts and methodologies of quality management
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.