Job description / Role
• Ongoing management of Framework Contractors within a Framework Service Area including all phases of procurement and contract administration to deliver the requirements of ROMD
• Assist the Team Leader on Procurement and contract managements under Frameworks Agreements.
• Provide reliable cost estimates and advice in relation to contractor contractual deliverables to Project managers and business leaders by using appropriate valuation techniques, cost data bases and knowledge of Operations & Maintenance economics.
• Provide reliable preliminary cost advice and cost estimates towards the project at tender stage, involving technical and/or economic investigations that reflect the financial implications of any various design alternatives.
• Establish a project cost by using techniques such as Cost Planning, Estimating, Cost Analysis, Cost-in-use Studies and Value Management.
• Maintain strict confidentiality and ethics on all contractual matters.
• Carry out complex spatial and data analysis on gathered data
• Create Bills of Quantity, Scope of works and all tender document for ROMD tendering process
• Interpret as-built drawings, maps, graphs, aerial images, recognize and resolve discrepancies in data and take necessary action to ensure quality of information is accurate and acceptable tender document
• Review work /service scopes of tenders & change requests and liaise with project team for improvements and changes.
• Management of contracts by rendering contractual support on resolving disputes, evaluation of claims, variations and settlement of final account. Ensure that contract strategies, tenders, contracts and variations are in full compliance with all Policies and Procedures which include but are not limited to Contract and Project Execution Procedures.
• Prepare draft contract documents by incorporating the effect of all tender bulletins, negotiations, clarifications and qualifications accepted by the client.
• Finalization of tender documentation including preparation of pricing mechanism and release for tender
• Manage the Work Order Selection Procedure
• Single point accountability for all assigned contracts from inception till close out, including administration of contracts and variations, dispute resolution, monitoring cost / schedule impacts, rendering contractual support on payment, disputes and claims, quality management and any associated HSE consequence including pretender activities.
• Liaise with stakeholders throughout the client where appropriate, using various channels of communication, for all pre and post contract arrangement
• Adhere to Health and Safety Policy and Procedures within the workplace and comply to any new work instructions
• Bachelor Degree in Quantity Surveying.
• Education qualification obtained from North America, West Europe, Australia
• Holder of Accreditation from recognize Institute/ RICs or similar would be an advantage
• Current/valid Qatar Driving License would be an advantage
• Proficient in Tender Documents compilation, preparation of Bills of Quality, interim claim evaluation and final account is compulsory
• Minimum 8 years’ relevant experience, preferably working as a Quantity Surveying or contract specialist
• In depth knowledge of Health and Safety regulations, policies and procedures
• Experience of working in a multidisciplinary Organization preferably in the Middle East
• Knowledge of Fidic, JCT and CESMM
• Knowledge and experience in contract management, project management and preparation of pre and post tender document and contract closure
• Innovative approach to problem solving and solution development
• Ability to deliver and support changes and work in a team
• Ability to influence and engage stakeholders and staff at all levels within the organization
• Competent in Microsoft Office Packages
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English is essential
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in Arabic is preferred
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.