Job description / Role
- The Resident Engineer shall be responsible to lead and supervise a team of multi engineering disciplines staff and contractor.
- Performs difficult and complex field engineering assignments involving the development, execution, supervision, and coordination of all technical aspects of a construction project.
- Provide technical leadership to his team.
- Coordinate and monitor activities of his team.
- Ensure prompt exchange of correspondence and approvals.
- Maintain awareness of contracts financial status.
- Collaborates with construction management to eliminate any hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees.
- Ensures that personnel of the assigned group engage in safe work practices in compliance with site-specific safety procedures and industry standards.
- Establishes and maintains liaison with the discipline design engineering staff.
- Reviews and interprets discipline design drawings and specifications to ensure current revision level and correct technical execution of the work.
- Provides resolution for technical engineering problems within the assigned discipline(s); coordinates application of solutions.
- Monitors material procurement and deliveries to ensure timeliness in support of construction activities and schedule within the assigned discipline.
- Ensures that materials received meet specifications and established standards of quality.
- Organizes the accumulation of assigned discipline data for the final project turnover and report.
- Initiates and maintains records, back-charge procedures, progress reports, etc., as required.
- May have some interface with the client and upper-level management.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited University with Professional Qualifications from a recognized International Institution and with a professional career development record all as approved by the Engineer.
- Membership of an accredited Project Management Institution would be an advantage.
- Chartered Engineer status is preferred.
- Minimum of 18 years post-graduate and demonstrable experience, of which 10 years in a managerial or technical lead capacity of similar large-scale sewerage, surface & ground water micro tunneling projects.
- Must demonstrate his/her experience in respect of the technical proposal’s evaluation and its constructability, technology deployment, solving the technical problems that may arise during construction.
- Experience must include all Health & Safety and Environmental Protection aspects of the construction and operation of deep underground structures works.
- It is an essential requirement to have previous experience in managing similar large-scale open cut and micro tunneling surface & ground water networks under Design & Build projects undertaken within the city.
- Ability to coordinate, corporate and communicate with other construction projects in the vicinity of the works, in addition to effectively consulting with Statutory Bodies in respect of acquiring necessary consents and licenses.
- Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership quality to lead and motivate a team of Assistant Resident Engineers and Inspectors as Supervisor Consultant in a Design & Build project environment.
- Proactive acumen and an ability to manage work at multiple areas on site are essential.
- Computer skills are mandatory.
- Experience working in Qatar is required.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Project Director / Construction Director - Roads & Highways