Job description / Role
Rixos Qetaifan Island North
Opening 2022, Rixos Doha Qetaifan will comprise a 345-key hotel, along with a souq encompassing 11,000sq m of leasing space, a beach club, a theme park and a waterpark. The resort will boast panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf. Slated to make its debut right before the World Cup, Rixos plans to provide a platform for showcasing Qatar as a tourism destination. One of the country's biggest draws will be Qetaifan Island North's waterpark attraction The Icon Tower, the world's highest tower of its kind, reaching 82 metres in height.
Ride Technician - Waterpark
This position is responsible for the Waterpark rides maintenance and repair works consist of preventive/planned and reactive maintenance, daily operations.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a unique and complex resort in Qatar
- Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- The ability to Maintaining the highest standards of safety on all attractions and rides.
- Perform daily safety checks on park attractions and rides and attend to any repairs.
- Perform preventative maintenance, repairs, and overhauls on rides, equipment and facilities ensuring complete compliance of the manufacturer's specifications and park standards.
- Responding to all maintenance related radio calls in a timely and appropriate manner. Communicate with Dispatch Office and the Maintenance team when equipment failures resort in attraction downtime or closures.
- Assist the Water Park maintenance team with projects as needed. Be a proactive member of the maintenance team.
- The ability to work varied shifts, including holidays and weekends. Other duties as assigned.
- The ability to entails fielding, prioritizing, and carrying out service support requests by in-person inspections and from an online work order system.
- The ability to fault find and repair single phase and three phase circuits in general.
- The ability to fault find Fire detection networks, hardware, software (including fire panel basic programming, sprinkler system electrical components)
- The ability to install basic temporary BMS/PLC for special requirements.
- The ability to fault find and repair building management system (BMS) networks and to be able to manipulate and update outstation software.
- The ability to cover the shift Team leaders / other Technician's duties.
- The ability to participate in the on-call program and to respond both by phone/software and in person as appropriate within the operations
- The ability to assist guests with special requests such as opening luggage ability to maintain logs for all work performed while on duty.
- The ability to take meter readings, record temperatures and pressures in heating and cooling plant.
- The ability to respond to work orders or inspection reports submitted by Department Heads.
- The ability to maintain a good working relationship with other employees, providing instruction and encouragement as needed.
Your experience and skills include:
- Qualification in Trades Technician level, variety of engineering/maintenance
- Must have skills and knowledge of mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics and electricity.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar capacity with proven track records
- Excellent reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English language
- Waterpark experience will be preferred.
- Basic computer skills - ability to use BMS
- Blueprints reading knowledge
- Service-oriented with an eye for details
- Well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
Your team & working environment:
At Accor, we are Heartists!
Are you ready to put your heart at the center of everything that you do? If so, then join our team of Heartists at Rixos Qetaifan Island, Every day, we look for opportunities to engage on a personal & meaningful way with our guests and each other. We deliver heartfelt hospitality in an environment that is engaging, enthusiastic and professionally rewarding!
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.