Job description / Role
The Risk Manager focus on setting standards and procedures and ensuring the consistency in doing business on daily basis and reporting across the whole program. Represent the company in-front of client and provide expertise/leadership to both the company and Client is important.
- This critical role will be responsible for establishing and meeting the program’s Risk Management requirements and working to ensure project compliance with the same
- Providing guidance to project teams in the identification, assessment and control of risks throughout the project life cycle:
- Establishing and managing the program’s Risk Management Plan, requirements, policies, guidelines, standard forms and templates.
- Conducting program and project risk workshops.
- Identifying, assessing, monitoring and reporting (in a timely fashion, both internally and to the client) risks within the program, and its projects.
- Reviewing and approving project Risk Management plans, procedures and processes.
- Guiding and supporting Project Managers and Project Controls in the creation and maintenance/updating of project Risk Registers and reports for senior management.
- Reviewing quantitative and qualitative risk assessments incl. scoring and the adequacy of risk mitigation plans.
- Monitoring and managing mitigation actions by risk owners, and the retirement of risks.
- Training and educating the project staff to create continuous awareness for risk management.
- Owns the content of the program’s Risk Register and database.
- Preparing ad-hoc risk management reports for senior management as and when required.
- Degree in an Engineering with at least 15 years of broad-based engineering Risk Management experience.
- Proficient in the use of both qualitative (such as ARM) and quantitative (for instance Primavera Risk Analysis) schedule and cost risk management tools.
- Understand quantitative methods and be able to perform Monte Carlo Simulations and understand / interpret the results.
- Ability to understand, identify and assess Project and Contract risks, and to determine and recommend mitigation actions.
- Ability to represent the company in-front of client and provide expertise/leadership to both the company and Client is important.
- Strong leadership and communication qualities.
- Strong analytical, verbal-reasoning and written communication skills.
- Be a proven and effective manager.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and ensure consistency in operation and reporting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven attention to detail ability to maintain a positive client relationship and professional firm image.
- Previous experience in the GCC region is preferred.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.