Job description / Role
• The RMC Operators will use skillful observations, monitoring of traffic patterns and identify the conditions that may lead to congestion and apply tactical interventions through ITS systems to keep traffic moving, inform customers of route options and reduce driver frustration – frustration leads to accidents and poor driver behavior both of which are safety issues.
• Use ITS and their experience to improve safety for all road users, pedestrians and those who work on the roads network.
• Manage incidents and weather related issues that impact the roads network in a safe and confident manner using proven skills and previous experience of operating safety critical systems.
• Work shifts over a 24/7/365 period which will require operators to attend work during any shifts.
• Ensure to follow the Policy, Process and Procedures applicable to the role.
• Operate complex Road Management ITS and safety critical systems.
• Perform assigned operator functional roles.
• Monitor the assigned network area of roads.
• Escalate issues to the appropriate RMC Team Leader.
• Manage and Operate Traffic Signals and other ITS
• Monitor the CCTV systems and manage incidents.
• Carry out Dynamic Message Sign setting.
• Manage Road Closures and Traffic Diversions
• Provide real time Traffic Information.
• Liaise closely with internal and external teams to share information
• Provide operational support for Major Events, abnormal Loads/Hazardous Loads.
• Monitor weather and Severe Weather Response Management.
• Monitor congestion in Roads and Roads Network Optimization.
• Carry out Tunnels Operation and Management.
• Support systems development by providing advice and feedback to specialist software teams who are supporting the RMC.
• Ensure to be professional at all times and ensure that control room issues are not discussed or shared outside of the control room.
• Ensure the security of data, systems and facility security at all times.
• Ensure adherence to Quality and Health and Safety in work and other Company procedures and comply with any new work instructions.
• Perform other duties/ tasks as required
• Adhere to Health and Safety Policy and Procedures in the workplace and comply to any new work instructions
• Bachelor Degree or higher level qualification in Engineering in a relevant subject.
• Education qualification obtained from North America, West Europe, Australia
• Holder of Accreditation from the Institute of Asset Management (IAM) or similar would be an advantage
• Holder of current/valid Qatar Driving License
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in a roads control room operating road network ITS systems as control room operator.
• Extensive experience in Incident Management preferred.
• Excellent knowledge of the operation of complex ITS systems / safety critical systems preferred.
• Experienced shift worker prepared to follow the present shift pattern preferred.
• Knowledge and experience in multi software platforms and modular system operation preferred
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English is essential
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in Arabic is preferred
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.