Job description / Role
• Lead, manage, guide and motivate team members to deliver DNO&M objectives, ensure they work safely and comply with all company policies, procedures and regulations and provide technical expertise and knowledge when required.
• Develop a safety culture improvement strategy for DNO&M and associated contractors in line with PWA’s vision and values
• Lead investigations of serious incidents on any DNO&M site which involves fatality or large scale emergency evacuation and provide report and recommendations within agreed timescales.
• Provide and agree annual plans and budgets necessary for successful implementation of H&S strategy and manage delivery against target (includes plans and budgets for supplies, equipment, resources and training).
• Identify, monitor and take necessary actions to achieve agreed H&S KPI targets.
• Ensure appropriate H&S technical input to all DNO&M tender submissions and contracts submissions prior to award.
• Lead successful implementation of H&S policies, management systems, standards and working practices in DNO&M and ensure all DNO&M employees and contractors comply.
• Liaise with the Quality, Safety and Environment Department to ensure alignment of systems and working practices.
• Determine H&S training needs and provide necessary justification for need, scope and people to be trained.
• Define, implement and manage production of all H&S reports and identify trends and variances which require further investigation and action.
• Monitor issue of permits (entry, confined space, shutdown, etc.) as per DNO&M’s permit procedure.
• Ensure adherence to Health and Safety Policy and Procedures and comply with any new work instructions.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Relevant Subject (e.g. Engineering/ Health and Safety)
• Education qualification obtained from North America, West Europe, Australia
• Holder of Diploma in NEBOSH, OSHA or equivalent
• Holder of certificate in Confined Space Entry, Working at Height, First Aid and Hazard Assessment as a minimum
• Holder of current/valid Qatar Driving License
• Minimum 5-8 years’ relevant experience, preferably working in water/ waste water industry including five years in a H&S management position and leading a team.
• In depth knowledge of Health and Safety regulations, policies and procedures
• Experience of working in a multidisciplinary Organisation preferably in the Middle East
• Knowledge of management systems and ISO accreditation
• Knowledge and experience in contract management
• Ability to deliver and support change
• Ability to influence and engage stakeholders and staff at all levels within the organisation
• Competent in Microsoft Office Packages
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English is essential
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in Arabic is preferred
About the Company
PSTech is a subsidiary of EMFI Group of companies currently registered to operate within State of Qatar.
PSTech brings years of experience in an effort to provide “very best” in Facility Management and Operations & Maintenance Support Services, our personnel can rapidly and actively familiarize themselves with the project requirement, issues & dynamics, PSTech takes all the appropriate steps in order to provide the services in professional manner using latest standard technology & sound project management with all effective and active procedures.
PSTech’s goal is to address specific levels of service for the Operation & Maintenance by developing and implementing customized solutions for Client facilities. Furthermore, we has created a well-trained workforce, along with improved quality, while ultimately driving down Client total related facility costs.
PSTech has the capability to provide the highest quality and proven experience in Quality Management System QMS, These tailored plans assure business continuity as well as reliable and efficient operation of the entire organization. Typically PSTech performs all work possible with its own internal workforce to the extent that it is cost effective and efficient. This philosophy allows PSTech to control the quality of service that is delivered to its clients.
HSE Manager - Infrastructure
MAYKS HR Consulting
Senior Health and Safety Engineer
HSE Officer (Oil & Gas Sector)
MSI Qatar (Management Solutions International)
Safety Manager - Aviation