Job description / Role
- Implement comprehensive document control system on project site as per company’s EDMS system.
- Ensure all project documentation is controlled in accordance with the company’s procedures for document control.
- Control and administer incoming and outgoing documents (submittals, transmittals, specifications, drawings, isometrics, correspondences etc).
- Copy and distribute drawings and documents to relevant parties on project site.
- Prepare documents for technical proposals and clarifications for tendering projects.
- Prepare necessary data reports for various project parties in timely and accurate manner.
- Follow up for priority items with relevant managers, engineers, consultants and contractors.
- Implement and monitor the use of various form set ups among project team members.
- Coordinate with consultants and contractors to send and receive various reports, drawings, submittals and other outstanding issues.
- Implement Communication Management Plan and Change Control Systems.
- Establish centralized and efficient filing system.
- Manage daily uploading and downloading of correspondence, drawings, transmittals and other documents.
- Update all project spreadsheets.
- Archive, copy, scan all project documents as per policy.
- Convert drawings to various file formats and upload / file as required.
- Coordinate with consultant and client for contractor submittals’ approvals.
- Support organization-wide Project Management Information System.
- Coordinate with Manager Document Control to ensure knowledge of EDMS and PMIS policy, procedures, reports etc used by QPM.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of data reports for head office as required.
- Conduct periodic data checks and validation to ensure data accuracy.
- Ensure timely transmission of approved project change orders to the concerned stakeholders as per Communication Management Plan.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or IT relevant course
- More than 7 years of experience with document control
- One or two EDMS systems – e.g Aconex, Expedition, Zylab
- Well verse in Virtual Reality (VR) application, JAVA programming, and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Types memos, letters, e-mails, and prepares documents and presentations according to requirements of the department.
- Coordinates with the other employees/departments on behalf of the Operations Director/Project Director & Program Manager with regard to information gathering / sharing, and following-up.
- Receives, reviews and processes documents for the Operations Director/Project Director & Program Manager’s review and signature/approval.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.