Job description / Role
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today's businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM's clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client's organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Review, manage, issue Intelligence briefings and disseminate ad/hoc, regular, cyber threat intelligence reports based on 3rd party advisories and feeds to address identified and emerging threats.
- Oversee and handle procedures and operations management, Utilize Kill Chain, and MITRE ATT&CK methodologies to identify where in the security apparatus to apply a customized rule to detect the attack
- Identify and classify cyber threats facing the organization, map the adversary's objective to which company assets that are likely to be targeted and translate which cyber threats are possible against the company's environment and prioritize based on impact and likelihood
- Conduct regular and ad hoc threat hunting activities utilizing the existing SIEM only
- Oversee and handle Use Case Management life-cycle
- Publish internal Situational Awareness alerts (i.e. non-actionable intelligence)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in Creating Target Operating Models (including activities, roles and responsibilities, and integrations with activities by other departments/vendors) for SOCs
- Creating Security Incident Response Processes (including governance structures)
- Prioritising attack categories and writing attack playbooks (all tailored towards an organisation)
- Designing SIEM use cases
- Creating dashboard reports tailored towards the audience (varying from board/management level to analysts)
- Conduct workshops, presentations .
About Business Unit
IBM's Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM's Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environment ”with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Analyst (Information Security)
Middle East Executive
Security Services Specialist
IBM Middle East
Manager IT Service Management
Incident Response Consultant
IBM Middle East
Cyber Security Analyst
Ignite Search & Selection