Job description / Role
• Provide the client with sound clear advice at the outset of the project about: the design/development potential; approximate building costs; the need for various statutory consents; project programming and likely time scales; the need to engage the services of other professional consultants and specialists.
• Respond as accurately and appropriately as possible to the client’s needs and requirements.
• Develop and produce design schemes which we consider to be viable in terms of built ability and in terms of local authority guidelines, planning structures and building legislation.
• Develop the design to detail and to produce all necessary detailed construction drawings, diagrams specifications and schedules etc. to enable the building contractor to carry out the works to a satisfactory standard.
• Attending regular meeting with clients, contractors and other specialists
• To oversee the building contract and to monitor the work in terms of quality, progress and costs as closely as is reasonably possible.
• To pay attention to environmental and sustainable issues and where possible to incorporate energy saving technologies into design specification
• Strong customer service and problem solving skills, including the ability to provide diligent, prompt and courteous responses to users’ and questions and technical issues.
• Act as Consultant’s Representative in all project works if it is necessary.
• Possess a strong visual awareness and an eye for detail, have good drawing skills, with the ability to work in applicable software,
• Be inventive and imaginative, be passionate about buildings and the built environment.
• Possess good communication skills, self-motivated and can deal with different people.
• Independent and can work with less supervision.
About the Company
Artan Holding is a Qatari-owned company with a diverse portfolio of businesses including:
- Doha British School established in 1997, an international school for pupils from KG to Year 13.
- Mirage International Property Consultants established in 2004, a real estate company specializing in the sale, leasing and facilities management of commercial and residential properties in Qatar and around the world.
- Qatar Skills Academy established in 2010, a training academy providing accredited vocational education and training.
- House of Architecture and Interiors established in 2012, an architecture and design company offering diversified interiors solutions through integrated services and products.