Job description / Role
- This position shall primarily provide Engineering support to the Project Manager in terms of delivery of a Project(s).
- Draft, review or recommend any engineering-related documents as required.
- Ensure external stakeholders safely deliver the project to the contract project specifications whilst all the time safeguarding Clients’ best interest.
- Function as a facilitator with service authorities, the Police, and other agencies as necessary to expedite approvals for the work.
- Work with the Authority in ensuring accurate data is captured on performance across a range of QHSE measures, and that the intelligence gained is used to improve future performance.
- Function as a facilitator to assist the Authority to work effectively with other relevant departments within Client.
- Provide progress reports as and when required.
- Attendance at relevant meetings.
- Ensure and review engineering compliance related to Projects.
- Liaise with various internal teams and external stakeholders to effectively manage various Projects.
- Responsible for specific engineering project delivery.
- Provide support primarily to the Project Manager where required on project management matters.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum of 10 years post-graduate experience with experience in major infrastructure Supervision projects or programs. preference will be given to roads, aviation, structures, or rail-related experience.
- Knowledge and experience in quality, health, and safety, & environmental management systems related to infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge of international codes and Specifications of construction and experience in site supervision is essential.
- Demonstrable history in the delivery of large multidisciplinary projects.
- Appropriate knowledge of project management/engineering procedures.
- Technically proficient in all aspects of project management/engineering.
- Effective in building good working relationships within complex structures, both internally and with various project stakeholders.
- University degree from a recognized University in an appropriate field such as Project Management or Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Client & Government procedures.
- Client-side experience
- Valid Driving License
- Evidence of suitable professional qualification CEng or equivalent is preferable.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Client-side experience
- Arabic language skills.
- Experience working in Qatar and/or the Gulf region.
About the Company
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Senior Civil Engineer
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited
Senior Project Engineer
Construction Manager - Infrastructure/Earthworks/Buildings
The Highfield Company
|Saudi Arabia||4 Apr|
Site Engineer - Roads
Civil Construction Manager
Ignite Search & Selection
|Saudi Arabia||3 May|