Job description / Role
- Draft, evaluate, negotiate and execute all types of contracts including but not limited to formal, short form, and annual contracts.
- Advise and assist the Management and Projects on all commercial and contractual matters.
- Attend Project meetings where necessary and provide advice on commercial and contractual matters.
- Provide contractual advise or interpretation when required
- Assist Project Manager in mitigating and performing risk assessment in contracts
- Provide assistance to Project Management Team in analysing cost and time impact (if any)
- Ensure proper project close out and any contract related requirement
- Provide the necessary guidance to members of the contracts team on contractual and commercial issues.
- Monitor contracts and move forward with close-out, extension or renewal according to what's best for company
Subcontract and Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
- Oversee, Manage, and Review Subcontracts and Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
- Review, develop, and implement contract administration procedures, systems and policies in consultation with Management
- Provide Assistance to Subcontract Matters from start to completion
- Communicate with internal disciplines and negotiate to Vendor for any Procurement matters
- Communicate with internal disciplines and negotiate to Subcontractor/Service Providers for any Subcontract matters
- Attend Commercial clarification with Vendor/Subcontractors/Service Providers
- Contractual advise and defend against Vendor/Service Provider/Subcontractor's claim
- Provide assistance to Project Management Team in analysing Subcontract Extension of Time or Variations
- Oversee all Subcontracts from Selection to Close-out
- Identify possible areas of dispute amongst the Consultant(s), Contractor(s) as well as Client(s) and take the necessary proactive measures.
- Solve any contract-related problems that may arise with other parties and internally with the company itself
- Review/draft letters and documents for and from third parties/internal disciplines and assist to propose solution
- Contractual advise and defend against any invalid claim as to company
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 7 years of experience on EPIC projects with 4 years’ experience managing multi-discipline medium-large size contracts in the GCC Region. Preferable experience in managing contractors in Qatar. Candidate preferably be Arabic and English speaker
- Demonstrated leadership experience and skills to manage large or multiple construction projects.
About the Company
ROTARY is one of the region's leading oil and gas infrastructure services companies with extensive international experience offering fully integrated engineering design, procurement, and construction (EPC) services to the oil and gas, petroleum, petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries.
Headquartered in Singapore, Rotary has established a strong presence in the Asia-Pacific region and continues to make its mark as a global player. Established in 1972, Rotary has forged a reputation built on its hallmark traits of providing quality services, within budget, safely and on-time delivery.
Today, Rotary boasts a total strength of over 6,000 employees which include a highly and multi-skilled workforce that forms the mainstay of its core EPC services.
Opus Recruit Middle East
Contracts Manager - Main Contractor
Contracts Manager - Consultancy
Contracts Manager - Airport Project