Job description / Role
The Program involves the design and construction of some 30 major road and infrastructure projects for the strategic road network of Qatar. All projects are of a very large scale and have a value of up to several billion Qatari riyals each. Projects are typically multi-lane, a dual carriageway with grade-separated interchanges. The projects include the provision of the major trunk utility services, typically underground including drainage, power, water reticulation, sewerage, treated sewage effluent (TSE), telecommunication services, and others.
• This is a senior-level position at the center of a challenging program of major infrastructure works. The role is part of the Infrastructure team involved in the delivery of the multi-billion Qatari Riyal Roads/Highways & Expressway Projects for Qatar.
• The position is responsible for the whole process of tendering the projects until the award to the successful tenderer and also full compliance of the contracts in the best interest of Ashghal during design and construction stages, including commercial closeout.
Qualifications & Requirements
• University degree from a recognized university in a relevant field such as BSc QS
• Proficient in English, written and spoken.
• Master’s degree in a relevant field.
• Chartered status from a recognized institution, such as MRICS
• Arabic language skills.
Experience & Knowledge
• A minimum of 15 years’ experience in managing the contractual aspects of major roads/highway projects.
• Have good knowledge and experience of Design-Bid-Build (DBB) and Design & Build (D&B) contract forms related to major road projects.
• Sound knowledge of the contract administration aspects of major civil & Infrastructure projects Including roads, bridges, and utilities with experience in procurement and contract administration.
• Experienced user of MS Office and project management software.
• Experience In International contracting mechanisms e.g. FIDIC and Governmental forms
• Experience in the assessment of claims and variations on major infrastructure projects.
• Desirable to have experience of working in Qatar or the Gulf region.
About the Company
Ignite is a specialist Construction and Property Recruitment Consultancy. We are experts in the Middle East and Asia markets which we service from our offices in the UAE and UK.
Our consultants operate in a niche market making them experts in their sector. This allows us to offer our clients and candidates expert market knowledge whilst building long term relationships.
We pride ourselves on recruiting Construction and Property staff of all levels and disciplines. We offer the same high quality service whether you are recruiting or seeking work from Engineer through to Company Director level.